• In the Spotlight:

Did you get fed up with the "drink water and lay on your left side" answer when you were pregnant?

I know the reasoning behind drinking water and laying on your left side, but I am getting so annoyed with that answer! I have seen it here on CM a lot and heard it from my mom about every other day. I would mention that my stomach hurt and she would automatically tell me to drink water and lay on my left side, like it is a cure all method.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:27 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Maybe you should drink a glass of water and lay on your left side...then you won't feel so annoyed.
    AnnaMac

Answer by AnnaMac at 8:29 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• well..i sleep on my back now and turn my head to the left..i do what i feel is comfortable lol
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 8:28 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• LOOOOL AnnaMac!
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 8:30 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• LMAO i havent gotten that i dont think ive heard it yeah but i dont think anyone has said that yet. but i know what you mean. im sick of hearing certain things as well. lol its old huh?
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 8:32 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• lol i know it drove me nuts when they wanted me 2 sleep on my sides and before i was prego i slept on my tummy no more of that
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 8:32 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• lol...That's one reason I don't ask questions about my pregnancy on here. I can pretty easily guess what people's answers will be :oD
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 8:33 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I don't ever get annoyed... I just do it, and count my kicks. It usually helps and I feel a lot better once I've felt enough kicks. Then again, I've only gotten this advice when I was worried about lack of movement. Pain never worries me unless there is bleeding, or is severe... and it's never severe. It's a simple solution and it works. Plus, it's a lot better than having to rush to the hospital for possible complications... why would anyone be annoyed with a simple, safe solution to a common pregnancy problem?
    lillys_mommy09

Answer by lillys_mommy09 at 8:34 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• YES I am having contractions and I have heard it about 20 times in the past week from my doc, the hospital, here. god i'm so tired of it. that and take some tylenol or take a bath. uh if i hadn't already tried all those things do you think i would be askin what to do?
    Anonymous

• Try squatting to make things move along faster if you want to get things over with.
    miriamz

Answer by miriamz at 8:42 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• and theres also "if you raise your hands over your head the baby will be born with the cord around their neck", i sleep on my left side with my arms above my head while im prego and it does nothing!!!
    mamaellie1979

Answer by mamaellie1979 at 10:21 PM on Dec. 10, 2008