How do i know if my negative pregnancy test is right?

ok my last period was april 23rd and i had sex may 26th. i know sometimes it can be late because of stress but i'm not a very stressing kind of person. i took a pregnancy test today and it read negative but i don't under stand why i still don't have a period it's been seven weeks since my last period...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:51 AM on Jun. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I would make an appointment with your doctor or local health clinic either way. They can do a more accurate pregnancy test and find out if anything is wrong otherwise due to your postponed cycle. Good luck!
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 12:52 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I agree with Kword. The clinics do blood tests which are more accurate than urine tests. However if you do decide to test with a home test again do it first thing in the morning, that is when your urine is most concentrated and the pregnancy hormone is also most concentrated.
    quinnmommy

Answer by quinnmommy at 12:55 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• My cousin had that happen too but somebody kept telling her she look like she was but she didnt listen until got annoyed by that person and finally went to the doctors and found she was so you should go to the doctors to find out now girl because you shouldnt go that long without ur monthly
    baby_GERARD_mom

Answer by baby_GERARD_mom at 2:16 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I went a whole year without having a period. My periods have always been very spacey. If the test says negative...its probably negative.
    monstersmommy20

Answer by monstersmommy20 at 3:18 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Just bc it says its negative doesnt mean it is! TRUST ME! I took 4 tests in one week and they were all different readings. I started cramping really bad on the night b4 my bday and my fiance made me get a preg test so i got two (lol) and they both came out negative.. But i just had this feeling and went and got another one and it came out incomplete. Then convinced myself something else was goin on so I took just one more and it was positive! I was already a month and a 1/2 pregnant. Find your local health dep if your under 21 its totally free and is ALWAYS confidential! Good luck!
    carrientravisj1

Answer by carrientravisj1 at 4:29 AM on Jun. 9, 2011