Single Parents:Is the father still in your life?

I dont like when folks ask that question cause theyare going to come at me with "oh really?" or "thats to bad"...I know what they mean but I am going to start lying because I dont want to hear it.

Also guys that are hitting on me want to know all the 411 to see where they can fit in and I am never interested in a guy that is asking me about my dating status.

Do ya tell or lie?

Jazmineamomma

Asked by Jazmineamomma at 12:57 AM on Jun. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• I don't lie, I was a victim of rape and got pregnant. I chose to have my son. The sorry S.O.B who raped me will never be in my child's life and if people ask me I will tell them.
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 1:01 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• onemellowmom---You are AMAZING!!! Not too many people could see past what happened to them to keep the baby!!!
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 4:37 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Honesty is always the best policy. When you got into this situation, you had to know there would be downsides and these are some of the downsides so, just answer truthfully, hold your head up and move on and live your life. You'll never please everybody all the time anyway but lying doesn't really help anything in the long run.
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 8:52 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• No, he is not. We were married for 14 yrs. When we got divorced he started drinking a lot, and showing up drunk etc. It was very ugly for awhile and hard on my 3 children. I would ask him to see the kids on a regular basis. He seemed more interested in torturing me. Eventually he would say he was coming, and not show up, leaving me to pick up the pieces for my children. So eventually I told him if he was going to jerk them around, don't bother. We have not seen him in 12 yrs or so now. A mixed blessing for sure.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:25 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I despise personal questions like that! Like they have a right to know your whole personal history! I hated the "are you going to have another baby" type questions! Dear Abby said the best response and a good way to stop the nosey offender "Why do you ask". That way you don't answer and turn the tables on them!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 9:12 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I'ma try that why do you ask? I hate answering personal questions. Unless I want to tell you something about me you dont need to know.
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 3:40 AM on Jun. 10, 2011