Something doesn't smell right......

My 7 1/2 month old daughter recently began cutting her 2 bottom incisors, they look fine and she has had 0 teething pain. The other day though I noticed that her breath was a little smelly, and again today I noticed it again. I thought their teeth didnt cause odor until at least 1 years old, maybe even older. Am I wrong on this? Is it normal for her breath to have a bite to it?( no pun intended) I use a finger brush and baby toothpaste every morning and before bed so it's not for lack of oral hygiene. Should I be worried about it or just chill? It's usually after a nap that I notice it. TIA.

Mrs.Gallegos649

Asked by Mrs.Gallegos649 at 1:01 AM on Jun. 9, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Does she get anything that's been in your mouth? Her bacterial levels are climbing (which is normal), which means she'll have "morning breath" and such now. Try to keep her from getting any food or drinks that have been shared with anyone else.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:51 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• When my kids get sick it comes out in their breath and their skin. It comes before any other sign of illness. That could be it for you LO as well. Sometimes the formula would also give them a bit of a sour smell in their mouths. I never noticed any issues with bad breath with my youngest, but I nursed her for much longer than the other 2 and she has not been sick yet.
    shareleann

Answer by shareleann at 3:05 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• My dd is breastfed as well but has started solids and a few finger foods also. She does hate her bottle & sippy cup and prefers to drink from dh or my glass so maybe thats the culprit. I was just so worried somethin was wrong, I automaticalky though, her teeth cant be rotting! Shes only had them a month! Thanks for the help ladies.
    Mrs.Gallegos649

Comment by Mrs.Gallegos649 (original poster) at 11:26 AM on Jun. 9, 2011