Semen Analysis

me and hubby have a doc appointment with our RE and me and hubby are very much in the "mood" but hubby has a semen analysis and they are going to freeze that sample as well. well i was wondering will it hurt the sperm if me and hubby mess around (oral, having sex a lil with out him ejaculating, foreplay)???? i dont want to hurt this sample at all. please advise thanks ladies

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on Jun. 9, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• No fooling around at least 24 hours before an analysis. Sorry hun! No getting him amped up, even, because it can affect the test.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:54 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• We went to a fertility clinic to get pregnant with DD(she is now 5 yo). I had IUI done and they took a 'donation' from DH. They took a count then 'cleaned' it(what ever that means) and then took another count. The number of 'active' sperm decreased after cleaning, but they were all of a better quality. So doing it or even messing around will affect the overall health and strength of the sample. And if they are keeping it for later use, I would not do anything that would affect the sample, and he possible future 'need' for it.
    But then what is more important to you, messing around now or a family later?
    nova.mommy

Answer by nova.mommy at 9:41 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• yea you guys are right ! we passed out with no fooling around while we were waiting for responses so nothing happened LOL. after testing is another story :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:08 AM on Jun. 9, 2011