2 year old covered face with permanet sharpie,help?

My 2year old daughter Madison was left alone for about 2 minutes and when I return waht do I find? Madison has a black PERMANET marker and litterally colored on her self so much her whole face is black like to the point it isn't even funy! I can't even recognixe her it's so bad! I have scrubbed with soap and water for 2 hours and it has barely came of. What to do?? Any tips? I can hardly scrub her face anymore because she says it hurts since we have probably rubbed her skin raw. My poor baby! And daddy wants nothing to do with it so it's up to me to find a soolution but I need help!

hkdjhg

Asked by hkdjhg at 1:23 AM on Jun. 9, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• don't scrub her face anymore...sorry, this is funny just b/c I've been through exact same thing with my 2 1/2 year old except it was red...scared the hell out of me, thought it was blood!! lol...you will irritate her face if you keep scrubbing it...it has to wear itself off. it will wear off in a couple days...
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 1:27 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Its gonna sound weird, but my sis 3 yr od got ahold of a silver sharpie, that wa funny!! Anyway, she used WD40, the stuff used to lube things or rubbing alcohol.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:31 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• toothpaste works (though it will sting a bit), liquid make-up remover is said to work easily and painlessly. And from wikihow http://www.wikihow.com/Remove-Permanent-Marker-from-the-Skin
    ToraMay

Answer by ToraMay at 1:33 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• do NOT put rubbing alcohol on a 2 year olds' face!!!! The sharpie is not hurting her...it's more annoying for you than anything...just laugh at it, write it in a journal, take a pic and get on with things..the WD40 (good lord) and rubbing alcohol will do MUCH more damage to her fragile skin than anything!!! goodness.....
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 1:33 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Too funny! Yes I have been there too. My twins were suppose to be in their cribs napping, but my little girl managed to reach a forgotten sharpie left on a dresser close to the crib. After she was done with her artwork she gave it to her brother. They drew all over themselves and everything else. It does wear off in a couple days. I used rubbing alcohol to get the sharpie off the cribsthough and it worked. All my sharpies are all in a cup on the highest shelf in my kitchen cupboard. Nobody knows but me..shhhh!!! :0)

Moms helping moms work at home. Learn how http://www.internetceomoms.com/tools4mom
    tools4mom

Answer by tools4mom at 1:34 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I know for a fact that milk takes ink out of clothes. I've never tried it on skin before but worth a try. Make sure you get a picture of this, you'll want it when she has her own kids someday, lol Sorry, couldn't resist.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 1:34 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• See, I would just laugh it off any other day but of all times it has to be when she is in a natural pageant tomorrow! That might only add to the humor but we are out of town preparing for a natural pageant and her face is CAKED in black sharpie...this is an utter disaster...
    hkdjhg

Comment by hkdjhg (original poster) at 1:36 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• try neutrogena eight hour face wipes. they get everything off. sounds weird i know but they got sharpie off of my friend's 4 year old and it doesnt hurt their skin. you may have to put lotion on her face after using a bunch but it should work
    Caelynnes.Mommy

Answer by Caelynnes.Mommy at 1:38 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• it's not a disaster...seriously, just LAUGH!!! she's 2!!!! they will get a kick out of it :) if they don't then they don't understand 2 year olds very well... we were out to dinner the other night and a HUGE guy walks by out table...my 2 1/2 year old daughter, says "look mommy!!! Big tummy!!" I wanted to die for like 5 sseconds but then I thought...she's 2! she says what she sees...it is what it is :)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 1:38 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• okay nail polish remover works with a bit of a sting hand sanitizer work great and wont leave the skin raw.
    momy_lynn_16

Answer by momy_lynn_16 at 1:45 AM on Jun. 9, 2011