After gettin your tubes tied, is it safe to let your man "do the deed" inside you within the first 3 weeks? How long do I have to wait to let him do that, if at all??

I had my tubes tied 3 weeks ago and my ol man is scared to cum inside me with the chance of gettin me pregnant again. He says my body is very vulnerable, or might be because I just had my baby c/s and a tubal at the same time. How long do I have to wait to be safe? If at all?

BabyElisha2008

Asked by BabyElisha2008 at 8:36 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Health

• Every woman is different. Nobody here knows the inside of your body. Arent you suppose to get a check-up 6weeks after giving birth? Thats when they usually have to do an ultrasound of your belly, especially when you got your tubes tied. And you are actually suppose to wait those 6weeks before having sex at all.. not everybody does. but its better to be safe than sorry. ;)

You should talk to your OB about it. They should do the check-up first, before you have sex.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 8:39 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• http://www.sogc.org/health/health-tubal_e.asp
    Anonymous

• i had my tubes tied during my last pregnancy and had to wait six weeks for the c-section to heal in addition to the tubal to settle in and close up and heal. remember having a live wiggling squiggling human cut out of us is way different from having an appendix out. we've been all stretched out and need to heal. i agree, wait six weeks and get your checkup too. I remember my doc said that techinically legally I was supposed to get my husband to sign that he hubby gave his permission for me to get tubes tied. upon coming across me my doc quickly realized how outdated that crap was. it was worth it to get them tied, enjoyed sex a whole lot more with preg. worries.
    Anonymous

• Did you just have a tubal or was this done after the birth of your child. If after birth you need to wait 6 weeks for your body to heal and should not be having sex at three weeks post partum.
    If you just had an out patient tubal then you doc should have left you with instructions.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:16 AM on Dec. 11, 2008