What do you do with four kids that run you ragged. 4 1/2 months and depressed. Husband leaves you to take caare of kids by urself and he goes away every two weeks.

I am suppose to be on bed rest due that I lost 4 pregnancies before, but it is very hard cause I have to work and my husband does not really want to be around me or the kids.

4eyesI

Asked by 4eyesI at 10:35 PM on Jul. 11, 2008 in About CafeMom

• That must be very hard with 4 kids. I have 1 and my husband is gone all the time too for work and he never watches our son ever. I just had a miscarriage about 6 months ago, so I can relate a little to you. I'm getting depressed too and I resort to lots and lots of ice cream. Hang in there and try to be strong for the kids. Don't show them that you are depressed. Do something for yourself that makes you happy. I like to go to the gym for 1 hour and it helps a lot. Try not to worry so much and get yourself into a funk because then it starts affecting the kids. When your husband is not so busy with work try talking to him and explain to him how you feel. What ever you do, do not take anti-depressants bc they make you crazy and they r very addictive. Then the drugs run your life and not you. I know this from experience. Try handling things day to day. You have 4 kids you must be a strong woman, so your going to get through this.
    bethiepaige

Answer by bethiepaige at 11:09 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Oh my goodness!!!
    I would call in reinforcements.
    I mean the neighbors, friends, family, church members and anyone or persons who are willing to help.
    In addition, tell yourself that you can do this, it will be ok and there are people around you that care and will help.
    Come on girl, you would not have come as far as you have without some grace shinning down on you. So, regardless of what your hubby is doing or isn't doing you don't have the time or energy, to worry about his not being there. You have to focus on you and the baby you have inside of you, in addition to the other children around you.
    Good luck and God bless!
    Remember, ask for what you need and you will get it!
    noir

Answer by noir at 3:04 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• I cannot imagine.
    my hubby also goes out of town a lot. My advice to you is when he is in town, have a list of things he can help you with, and utilize other friends and family members. Ask for help.

Things you might want to do when your husband is home-
    Have him grocery shop, have the recipes set aside, so he can help you cook and freeze some meals. Let him have time alone with the kids one on one.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 10:52 PM on Jul. 12, 2008