When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? (Just for fun.)

Did you change your mind along the way or stick with it?

I wanted to be a nurse as a child. I ended up in advertising?? Hmm...I'm not sure how THAT happened. :D Just kidding!

I think it's pretty cool when a little boy/girl says they want to be a fireman or a nurse when they grow up and they actually DO.

KellyGirl_TX

Asked by KellyGirl_TX at 2:15 AM on Jun. 9, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I wanted to end world hunger, lol,I was so nieve. I really wanted to do this. The first time I saw the kids starving on TV. It made me so sad. Later on I thought about the peace corps. It was either that or to be a doctor. I ended up in the military as a lab technician in the hospital with plans to cross train into physical therapy, nursing or radiology. Then I had my first kid and this strong urge to be home with him. I grew to love being a sahm. I do have an opportunity to go back to school but now I'm looking at occupational therapy to help disabled children or work with old folks. Will see if that comes to pass. :o)
    christina259

Answer by christina259 at 3:22 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I wanted to be a nurse also. I got so far as a nurse assistant. Then started my family, decided I wanted to be a SAHM even more. Maybe when they get older. It's never too late to go back to school.
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 6:05 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• i wanted to be an flight attendant--ended up in education.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 8:35 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• A Writer.
    MissyNewMama

Answer by MissyNewMama at 8:35 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I wanted to be a mother until all the feminists started pushing that you had to be "something" then I went through a series of different things. Knowing I would never be happy, I decided again to be a mother and that is what I am. 26 years later I do not regret my decision, but still have issues with the feminists thinking I should have a "career." I know how to handle them now though.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 9:00 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I wanted to be a bunch of things. A veterinarian, the first female baseball player to play with men in the MLB, an astronaut, an archaeologist, a lawyer, a preschool teacher, and a social worker. I was never to pick just one thing. I think that is why I still haven't decided,LOL. The only thing I have actually "grown-up" to be is a mother and I am very happy being one. If I wanted to wear one hat I definitely picked the right job :)

MrsLLove

Answer by MrsLLove at 9:49 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I wanted to be a police officer, pilot, fireman, Olympian gymnast! I didn't become any of those but I still may do a career change into the police field....
    fireeyes81

Answer by fireeyes81 at 9:53 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I wanted to be either a doctor or a teacher. I ended up getting my degree in Child Development and working with kids who have special needs.
    KelliW29

Answer by KelliW29 at 10:07 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Love this question, I wanted to be a ballet dancer, and I still dance. Then I wanted to be a writer, a journalist, and I still write for myself. I am a social worker. Just kind of fell into that. I never wanted to be a mom growing up, but surprise, I am, and I love it! I think it's the best job yet!
    dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 11:33 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• a hospice nurse
    goobersmom713

Answer by goobersmom713 at 12:01 PM on Jun. 9, 2011