Do you put a little money to the side for just incase?

Why does she tell her kids she is out of money after we send her a check every 2 weeks I know it goes to the kids and the bills but damn she can't give them a 20.oo to spend on themselves right away she's says ask your dad I mean she works and get CS from another guy WTF? She needs to learn from a lot I guess....
I would be embarrassed to ask for more money knowing damn well she is getting 1000.00 a month why can't she just put some to the money to the side ...the way we do for our kids as well. She does not manage money very well.
Venting....thx

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:33 AM on Jun. 9, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• (just playing the devil's advocate here) You don't really know what's going on unless you are in the home. Kudos to you guys for paying CS, but it's not up to you how she spends it. After bills and groceries and school needs & clothes I rarely have any extra to give to my kids. I might if their father actially paid CS, but then again I might not. And, yes, when I am tapped out and tired of hearing "I want...I want...I want" from the kids I do tell them to ask their father (but they never do), maybe one of these days he might actually give them something. I don't set money aside just for the kids to spend, they earn spending money and get paid when I get paid, but only after the household bills get paid. My kids are very spoiled, but I know they don't tell their father that! Like I said, you don't really know what's going on unless you are there.
    shareleann

Answer by shareleann at 3:27 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I also wonder if she has a say in YOUR budget as you want in hers? Does she tell you what bills to pay, what to buy or even who to give you money to? Giving your kids money to waste is not the definition of managing money well and if that is what you do you are looking at a poor life retirement when you are older. Do you understand your own question topic? You asked if anyone puts money to the side just in-case? For most of us this would mean an er fund for when the car needs fixing, er medical, house issues or a lost job.... but for you it sounds like your er is just in case the mall has a good sale and the kids want it ALL. You should have asked Does paying cs make you angry... or... should you be allowed to tell your DH ex where and how to spend her household income... maybe you should be more angry with you DH for not keeping it in his pants because you act as this issue is all her fault what about him! Think about it!
    Mommy_Aiken

Answer by Mommy_Aiken at 9:55 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I was thinking the same thing... wow you must be very close to know her budget! My DH just sent a lot to his son and I support that gladly and even encourage it as it is one of our kids... and yes I know I did not give birth to himbut that does not matter to me he is no different than my own. I would be hoping that she'd teach them to save wisely and not spend spend spend as you want her to... I'd rather her to save for their ed and not give them candy or play money. Randomly it's good to enjoy things but only randomly. My kids had to have the WII and after I saved for it and did payments I was informed by one of the boogers that I wasted my money because they no longer like it... and it not is a pricy dust collector. The way I see it your DH has a few kids with her or you live pretty well to be paying that amount so I have to wonder.... are you just angry that you/DH supports them at all?
    Mommy_Aiken

Answer by Mommy_Aiken at 9:42 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• If you have an issue with your husband paying child support to his ex-wife for his children, then perhaps you should not have dated a man with children from a previous relationship.
    Anonymous