Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

If someone wanted to get a divorce but had no job or money, what kind of government help or any kind of help can they get? State of CA

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 2:49 AM on Jun. 9, 2011 in Relationships

Answers (5)
  • try looking into legal aid or you can do it yourself

    Answer by shivasgirl at 4:01 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

  • you will qualify for food stamps. possibly cash aid for a few months ; that you repay the cash aid at some point. if you want a divorce fees may be waived due to no income. or he will be charged the fees. this info may not be accurate but i believe it is somewhat. good luck.


    Answer by dmr73059 at 4:27 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

  • They can look into legal aid, but there are requirements for that. If you are talking about housing, there's Section 8 Housing with little to no rent available for parents. There's also cash assistance, food stamps, WIC, etc. But, again, all of these have requirements, and some of those require getting a job.

    Answer by laird6372 at 4:30 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

  • U can do it for free go to the courts they will give u the forms and you also ask for a fee waiver gorm u will not pay the court filing fees with that good luck

    Answer by rinamomof2 at 8:07 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

  • Ask for a inability to pay form. In TX you can go to the library and get divorce papers to fill out you may try that. Good luck. I just got divorced after being separated for 2 years. Couldn't get divorced cuz he wouldn't pay for it (and he is in the military) and I had kids to support so I couldn't pay for it but my husband now paid for it and then we got married.

    Answer by countrymama87 at 10:00 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.