Fight with dad led to DHS getting involved adult content

Okay soooo my fiance and I got into a fight after he had been gone for 4 days of partying. Its not like him to not let me know where he is or what hes doing but this last week he just didnt want to be at home well I also found a dope pipe under our bed and asked him about it and denied it was his so that might have been why he didnt want to be there. Well our anniversary was on this last sunday and he came home finally but he was drunk and i think high but we argued over that and that turned psysical with the baby in my arms. Well i paniced and after he left I called my dad and packed my stuff got out of there and stayed the night at my sister in laws the next morning i went to get help but when i went to the DV center everyone was in training sooo i was able to get a restraining order set up and now im regretting doing so....it seems to have caused more issues now and i feel like crap especailly now that the state is involved....i miss my honey but now hes in jail and i just wish none of this wouldnt have happened and we could go back to having our happy family!!! i talk to dhs again tomorrow and dont want to soooo this really sux! anyone been through this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:22 AM on Jun. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• personally, i think you did what you should have, but does he usually have these issues or is this just a weekend thing? if he does this alot, i would keep it that way and look for a more stable relationship. if not, maybe theres hope u can talk this through. ur call. think of whats best for you and ur baby. GL
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 3:34 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• you did the right thing, it hurts and it sucksm but it was the best for you and your child. I was there...I got my son out of that situation and it hurt me for a while...now my ex is dead from drugs and alcohol and I am glad my son didnt see it go down
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 3:56 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• You did the right thing. Obviously you love him, but look at what he's just put you through.

If your fiance can't get his act together, you need to walk away. Focus on your son.
    sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 7:34 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Babies, drugs and violence DO NOT go together. I keep hearing alot of people say "" if teens are of age and want to have a baby then they have a right to""....I keep saying ""not if they aren't MATURE enough to give that baby a safe, decent setting to live in"". Soooo, here is your chance!! Help your baby to not have to live in an environment with drugs and violence. Make an adult decision. Your baby cannot choose for itself but you can. Your s/o can make his own choices also. It sounds like he has. Why do girls want to put up with situations like this when they could be so much better off than putting up with a dope smoking, hitting loser?? I just don't understand it. Don't you feel you deserve anything better than this? Better yourself and your kiddo and get the heck away from garbage like this. Dope pipes under the bed.....Wow. I'd say 'see ya' !!! I'm glad the authorities are involved for the babies sake.
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 8:33 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Don't regret your decision you need to protect u and your child
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 8:37 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• What happened after you went to get help was the best thing that could have happened. As an above pp said, babies, drugs, and violence do NOT go together. Keep your chin up and know that you did the right thing.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 9:39 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• thank you guys i appreciate the feedback....i am trying to stay stong and away from him and the drugs .....he now has to take parenting, abuse, drug and anger management classes....if he doesnt follow through he wont be able to see us they say......only time will tell....im praying for the best but sure dont expect to see him change overnight
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:17 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• He attacked you with a baby in your arms after being god knows where all weekend and YOU are sorry. Your instant gut instinct was the right one. Stick to it. If you let it slide once there is sure to be a next time. Handling it now will insure that there is no next time.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 3:52 PM on Jun. 10, 2011