Pregnant && weed...

So I'm 15w pregnant and my boyfriend and his friends always smoke weed around me. I told him he really has to stop and he blew it in my face. Were young so I know he can be immiture but I'm really scared for the health of my baby.

I told him our kid can come out w problems but wen he's around his friends they always smoke weed but wen it's me and him he's fine.
I'm really scared

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:11 AM on Jun. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You seriously need to remove yourself from that situation. I know you're young but don't think you can't handle it! If he really cares that much he won't do things like blow it in your face. If he just HAS to smoke then walk out while its goin on, whatever smoke you're inhalin is goin straight to your baby. Weed crosses the placenta & can be found in the newborn's body for up to a month after a single use. Just like smoking tobacco, it causes less food & oxygen to get to the baby. This factor alone affects your baby's growth and brain development. Newborns of mothers who have used marijuana throughout pregnancy cry more. Some studies suggest that children exposed to marijuana while in the womb are at increased risk for attention disorders and learning problems that might not show up until school age. If you're baby does an extreme amount of crying they will test you, and the father for drugs in your system.
    carrientravisj1

Answer by carrientravisj1 at 4:18 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• OK I've looked into this and there's a really low chance of any issues especially from second hand smoke. However I can tell you they do drug tests during the pregnancy so it is possible this can show up in one of those. Even second hand can stay in your system for a while. In which case you have a whole other set of issues. All and all though it's not the best situation and either way dangerous or not your mommy if your uncomfortable get out of that situation don't be around when his friends are etc.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 4:25 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• be strong while aking !!! and get out while they'r around and open all windows and doors .. make his friends feel unconfortable cause you're and u'r BB more ....
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 4:45 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I smoked both marijuana and tobacco during my pregnancy. I do not regret it and would def. do the same with the next(if it ever happens). My son was not a bog crier at all, actually he was quite the opposite. My son was a very content and happy baby and smiled and laughed throughout the vast majority of his earliest years of life. He was also born at a very healthy birth weight of 7lbs. 10oz.. He will be 3 in July and does have a significant speech delay although even his spec. ed. teachers in the PIES class tell me that he is incrediblely intelligent for his age, he just chooses not to speek much yet ........as boys often do. I am not telling u one way or another just telling u about my single experience. Every child is different though, I have also read studies and talked with other moms who used THC while prego and their children were quite above average in all areas!!!!!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 4:55 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• big crier

I must add though that hot-mama86 is correct, they will test for drugs especially if you are on any type of state-funded insurance. My SO freeked out when I told him that my OB told me that in my 8th month. SO cut me off from my THC right than and there but I stashed what I had left and kept smoking rezin until it ran out. I did not care! I admit that I would quit far sooner next time because baby and I both tested postive for THC at birth and they refused to release MY baby until a home inspection was done. That was a hassle but no biggy because we were more than prepared for MY son with everything he needed and than some. And true to my honest self....I was 100% honest with the s.w. who followed up on my case and told her exactly how I felt about THC and other drugs in no uncertain terms an my case was closed after the first meeting!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 5:12 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I think THC / marijuana is far less harmful than tobacco or alcohol, so don't freak out too much. I'm sure you and your baby are fine. But your man does sound rather immature, and you need to be cared for by someone who really does care about you and the baby. *hugs*
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 5:33 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• your bf shouldnt be smoking weed around you, but my advice to you is when he smokes just go somewhere else, good luck
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 7:56 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• ok i havent read or done any reasearch but my bf smokes but when i ask he will move or leave the room 4 me...there are alot of things that can hurt baby and alot of things that can go wrong even if you do everything the books tell ya to do.... if your really that uncomfortable with it and your bf is sittting there and blowing it in your face then id really consider leaveing for awhile and its bc if hes not being supportive now it wont get any better esp if its bout your baby. i think he should be a lil more considerate about how you feel about it to. good luck
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 9:23 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I'd get out of that situation ASAP. Sounds as though he doesn't care about much but his habit. Sorry, Momma.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 9:41 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• May or may not be a problem, better to avoid of course, though!
    Probably more importantly is the lack of respect he has for you/his baby.
    What are your alternatives? Do you guys live together? Can you stay elsewhere?

doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:08 PM on Jun. 9, 2011