What's with this?!?!?

I go look at the "politics and current events" section and on the first page alone there are 4 questions concerning abortion.

Can we please talk about something else?

Like how to PREVENT these things from happening?!?!?

ReneeK3

Asked by ReneeK3 at 9:00 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• how to prevent what? that people don't see that it's been covered by 100 questions already?
    Anonymous

• prevent people from posting to much about abortions. well maybe your post will do that for about a day. jk..i know what you mean but i think that is the point of their posting is so that maybe someone reads the excuses or answers and reads some and start to think that maybe their views on abortion might be wrong. maybe just maybe that is what the poster hopes will happen but it's highly unlikely. in fact i kinda hope that my answers might help deter someone from going through with one cause my answer made them think twice but i know that is hopeful thinking. it's just so sad. i too get tired of seeing all these post on them cause i hate seeing the senseless reasons for them that are used as excuses as to how it makes it right to kill an unborn child of gods and their own.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 9:12 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• what can you say..........some people are just obsessed. honestly i wish they would go stand outside a clinic already because you are preaching to the choir here, we have kids, duh!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 9:22 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• AmaliaD I love your answer, I guess they have nothing better to do that shove their beliefs down everyone else throats. An abortion is not an option for me, but I understand and respect those that may have too.
    Anonymous

• Maybe because its a slow news day.....and people didnt have anything better to discuss. Or to start drama. Cafemom is good for that.
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 9:42 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Ok, I meant lets talk about preventing ABORTIONS, lol. If people would use a little more common sense, then maybe we wouldn't have as many problems as we do right now...
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:27 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• OK but THAT starts a whole other argument. Should we be teaching people "safe sex" (which doesn't exist) or abstinence? Which would be the best way to prevent abortion? I lean towards abstinence. It's the only fool proof way to go and if you can't handle the consequences you shouldn't be having sex! BUT then you have all the people who say NO to that. They say you have to teach all about "safe sex". None of it is truly safe. Physically or emotionally.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 8:12 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• It's the topic of the week I guess. What was it a week or so ago, food stamps?
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:16 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• They won't let you show abortion films and teaching abstinance doesn't work. Sex ed is a joke and the earlier they start the more they forget so how do you plan on doing that?
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 3:02 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• How about starting with teaching them to keep their toy in their pants, and their legs crossed? It doesnt take a whole lot of education to learn those simple concepts--
    now if you have to teach them about birth control it might be a little tougher, but some of the little monkeys learn from repetition.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:23 AM on Dec. 12, 2008