People think I am crazy..... I have 3 girls am I insane to try for #4 hopeing for a boy?

ksunflower2001

Asked by ksunflower2001 at 9:02 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• no my dad got stuck with 4 girls before he got his boy good luck
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 9:04 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• not totally insane :) at least if you don't mind if it's a girl

it could be possible that your hubby does not carry the sperm required to make a boy. it's all up to his sperm's genetic make up as to if it's a boy or girl.
    Anonymous

• That's perfectly okay if you know you can handle another little munchkin or if your okay with the chance of having girl #4. Me though? Ha! I'm fearing a #2!
    Anonymous

• To try to have a baby is not insane if you are able to support it :-) I have three girls and my youngest is a boy, but I didn't try it that way... just happened. I have a friend that has three girls, is on IUD till they're more stable to try for a fourth... they're hoping for a boy too. I have a different friend that has four boys and her youngest is a girl, and she did try for that. So no I don't think you're insane, but I do think you shouldn't get too upset if you end up with another girl... I had a girl name picked out for my son in all anticipation that he'd be a she, hehe.

Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 9:09 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I know one family that has had 6 girls. Every time after the first they were hoping for a boy, but it just doesn't look like they can have one. They love their little girls though! Good luck!
    proud_mommy_87

Answer by proud_mommy_87 at 9:45 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• im currently prego with baby number 11 i had 3 sets of twins though so i havent "been prego" 11 times just have 11 kids, anyways its up to you after all it is your body!
    mamaellie1979

Answer by mamaellie1979 at 10:01 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• People can not answer this in total because they are not aware of your whole story. Because of your financial situation and living situation, I would say it would be very foolish to be trying for a child right now. But ultimately, no matter what the world thinks, that is between you two.
    MyBelovedOnes

Answer by MyBelovedOnes at 10:51 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I don't think your insane at all! I have 3 kiddos (2 boys and a girl) and we are trying for a fourth. Good luck with what ever you decide!
    my_3

Answer by my_3 at 11:45 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• My cousin has 3 boys. She just found out she is finally having a girl!!! Your not insane. I would do it to!
    Marah2008

Answer by Marah2008 at 5:25 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• as some others said as long as you dont mind that you might have another girl! my DH had a girl with his ex-wife and i have had 2 boys but he wants another girl so we are gonna try in a year or so ..... GOOD LUCK
    lonelymommyof2

Answer by lonelymommyof2 at 6:15 PM on Dec. 12, 2008