Is this just ligament pain?

It feels like my uterus is splitting in multiple spots and it hurts like a ... well, it hurts a lot. There's a little bit of pressure of where I would normally peg my ovaries to be (not sure if they're still in that spot since everything's shifted around in there), but there's serious pain on what feels like the surface of my uterus, but not my skin. (I'm trying to describe it best I can here...)
I'm 32 weeks (on Friday I'll be 33) and I've only had pain like this before, and I went to L&D for it, only to be told that it's just pain and it'll pass, and such.
I don't want to have to make a trip to L&D again for nothing, so if anyone's felt this before and it turned out to be ligament pain, please tell me? I need a bit of reassurance (can you tell this is my first baby?)

Thanks in advance.

M.Galvan

Asked by M.Galvan at 6:51 AM on Jun. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I'm almost 35 weeks pergo and I feel the same way. It comes and goes. It gets worse when I'm active or even just walking. I found that laying on my side with support behind my back helps or sitting in a recline on a little bit of an angle with a pillow behind my back helps too. Its like that because baby is growing and adding weight and putting more pressure on your internal organs and stretching all your muscles. I dont remember feeling this way when I was pregnant with my daughter at all and she weighed 9 lbs 1 oz at birth. So I really hate to see what this kid weighs lol. If you dont want to go to the L&D give your ob a call and see what they say.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 11:03 AM on Jun. 9, 2011