What do you use to spank or dicipline your child?

Best Answer goes to the one that answered at 7:18p.m.

You are the only one that made sense, that is why alot of kids run their parents.
You see it all of the time at stores, restuarnats and other places. no matter where I love it when the sales person tells me..."You have such well behaived kids"
I just smile and say Thank you and walk away feeling proud that I am doing a great job...Forget that nanny911 shit. Yes talk to the child but at an age they actually understand. I mean spank your child when needed not just to hit. come on have some common sense. This is what you call good old fashion dicipline. For those against it you should try it sometime or suffer....with your child in public.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:03 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I have fully grown children. They where both spanked when they where breaking health and safety rules. My oldest child who will be 31 on Fri. stilll knows that when I say please do this it means go do it. My teen mother 19 also knows that. She didn't break as many rules growing up and if questioned told the truth. I thank sometimes the best lessons are applied to the bottom of the child. It seems to stay in their head longer like that.

granmaw56

Answer by granmaw56 at 10:56 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• what's your question exactly? it appears it was already answered and you are just reposting the answer that matched what you think
    Anonymous

• Spank? I will spank my son when he's of age. I'll use my hand when he's younger and maybe a belt when he's older. Nothing wrong with giving them a whipping on their tushies. It's not abuse.
    Anonymous

• I spank (with my hand only) sometimes even in public and I do get some funny stares but mostly "ya way to go!" As long as it's not an out of control issue like abusive then it's just fine I think kids! I survived it as did my 6 siblings. I wish they had the spanking board/ruler in the principals office still. No bruises or marks no problem! (O LOOK I'M NOT USING THE ANON. BUTTON!!! HEHE)
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 9:23 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• i spank for things he could die from (ex. he used to push the screen out of his second story bedroom window and hang his head out? ran away in walmart! ran away in the parking lot... after being spanked he doesnt do them again,) most things it would be cruel to spank for that he does wrong. i dont believe it is ever acceptable to use a tool to him them (belt, etc) to hit anywhere but the butt after warning or to ever leave a mark. it is acceptable discipline as long as it is done correctly. i also dont think it is the best measure of motherhood to base it solely on how they behave in stores, how do they do in school, socially, athletically, artistically, sorry i am a Montessori mom and very into the "whole child" perspective...

AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 9:50 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• i reported the question to cafemom since it's not actually a question and for some reason, they seem to think it's a ligitimate question, lol. Apparently they didn't bother to OPEN it to read what was inside.
    Anonymous

• Is there a QUESTION in here somewhere?
    I am glad "anonymous" above me reported this!
    Anonymous