How do I help my dd who is 1 with her teething?

She has been screaming, crying biting, fever, and has a bad diaper rash! She has already 8 teeth, plus 2 teeth poking through...We are almost at our wits end with her screaming..lol I give her motrin and alt. with tyneol, and then give her one of those frozen ring thingys. My mom told me to use some southern comfort on her gums with a qtip...Is there anything else to do to give her relief?

*Please dont bash me about the southern comfort thing.

jessduncan77

Asked by jessduncan77 at 9:04 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• baby oragel, teething tablets, frozen bananas is what my mom used on all of us or even waffles. something that's soft and won't break into choking chunks
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 9:07 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I gave my son frozen waffles and he loved it. The frozen banana is a good idea to.
    vnw1405

Answer by vnw1405 at 9:33 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I so will not bash you for the southern comfort thing cause I used wiskey. Frozen fruit worked with my daughter Aimee.. She started teething at 4 months and now we are working on 2yr molars.. She also was terriable with the teething.. I know what you are going through with all this.. Also try putting some of the motrin and tylonel on her gums were the teeth are coming in. (just use a little of what you are about to give her.) I hope it helps.
    Aimeesmommie

Answer by Aimeesmommie at 10:23 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Try a ride in the car...she may fall sleep fast!
    Fionas_Mom

Answer by Fionas_Mom at 11:13 PM on Dec. 10, 2008