How did sex feel postpartum after an episiotomy? adult content

i also tore but the dr said it wasnt too bad. when i looked down there tho today it still seems awfully swollen. by my stitches are dissolved and im not having any pain (of course i havent touched there or anything) friday is my six week appt. and if i get the ok my and my bf want to have sex. but im terrified it will hurt! is it like horribly painful? or is it tollerable? i want us to both enjoy the night so im wondering what to expect! were also having a sitter for the evening and so we planned on drinking a little to take the edge off the pain. and were going to use a condom and im going to get on another form of birth control asap. but were aware of the risks of course

xunlucxyx0

Asked by xunlucxyx0 at 7:03 AM on Jun. 9, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had episiotomy , tore, and had a C-section. Would have taken a C-section over the other two any day. (C-section from my third pregnancy). Allow yourself Plenty of time to heal as scar tissue can build up if you don't heal properly and cause problems later on. Trust me, I'm living proof. That is a sensitive area just as men's sensitive area is the same. There is no sexual encounter that will be great enough the first time if you don't give yourself the full 6 weeks if not more, time to mend.
    I just had a full hysterectomy (I'm 42) and 18 years after having last baby (my c-section baby), the sensitive scar tissue from first two children has flared up...after all these years. So, please please tell your BF to be patient..and you take care of you :)
    Good luck and sorry if this is tmi.
    momma-t42

Answer by momma-t42 at 7:30 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• oh yeah im definetly waiting for the full 6 weeks and my drs green light! and my bf is very patient its me whos not lol. i had morning sickness the beginning of my pregnancy really bad, and was on complete strict bedrest for the remainder. so its been almost a year and my sex drive has been through the roof this last week! lol im just afraid its gonna hurt so bad well have to stop and its gonna ruin the night. i want it to be special because its been so very long!
    xunlucxyx0

Comment by xunlucxyx0 (original poster) at 7:41 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I waited the full 6 weeks. I also had stitches. I was so afraid it was going to hurt. it was slightly uncomfortable for a few minutes but not as bad a I thought.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 8:16 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I can't agree with momma-t42 enough. I have scar tissue that is terribly painful and it's been over 10 years since I had my last child.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:15 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• When i had my son he weighed 3 lbs more than the doctor expected. he weighed 9 lbs and 9oz and i had already been cut bc he saw how big his head was gonna be, well when he came out he ended up ripping me from hole to hole and it took about 8 weeks for me to heal enough to have sex. it still hurt because your still very tender down there and even to this day and my son is 15 mths old it still hurts in some positions just be careful and apply a cooling element to help relieve pain!
    laytonsmommy10

Answer by laytonsmommy10 at 12:31 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• If it doesn't hurt now, sex will be awesome! My son came out face up and tore me. After my checkup (read-that night!) It was better than it had been before.
    cueballsmom

Answer by cueballsmom at 1:33 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I haven't had sex without being in pain in over 5 years. Ever since I had my oldest son. When I started to tear, because we didn't realize how big his head was, they did the episiotomy... Then they recut it 14mos later when I had number 2... I didn't have one with the third, but it's still sore since the first two.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:40 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• My DH was very disappointed that it took almost 10 weeks before I was willing to let him touch me after my first delivery. I tore and was stitched up like a turkey. The scar tissue heals but it does stay swollen for quite awhile. And it is healing inside and out at the same time. Be patient - It will be WAY worse if you tear it open again and have to wait for that to heal. I had a super fast delivery with #2 and had no time to stretch. Again, tearing and stitches. I healed faster that time, but it still took longer than the 6 they suggest. With #3 due to make an appearance soon DH knows what is ahead of him. But having seen my suffering through the previous recoveries he is much more patient and sympathetic now. Good Luck! Just don't rush it. Use a lubricant, too. It will help take the edge off better than anything else.
    chrys45

Answer by chrys45 at 9:57 PM on Jun. 9, 2011