I think this is why we have so many problems with kids now a days !

I have a girl i went to school with on my facebook... for the most part I like her, she s nice and usually pretty funny in her posts...

But I feel pretty badly for her kids...

She constantly talks about them, and she has I would say ATLEAST 1000 pictures of them ( not of her ) ... but then I see things like this and it just makes me shutter because I know exactly how they are going to be when they are older ( probably still living with her , or atleast depending on her when they are 25 years old !)

Ok, the first one talks about her oldest kid starting school ... she said she is already having nightmares about her girl going to school the first time and on the first day she will be sitting in the parking lot all day... ( like other people want a stalker around thier kids lol )

Now she posted new pictures, one of them is her son pretending to be sleeping in his bed , one of her friends commented on it saying like, too bad he is pretending he should be sleeping there for real... and then she commented back and said - nah i would rather their dad slept in his own bed, they can still sleep with me for awhile...

She has also posted not to long ago that she was going to be away from them for a whole 12 hours and that was the only time she had ever been away that long....

I can already picture the statuses in a few years * daughter pregnant, but its ok her and the baby can still sleep in my bed with me * * son got arrested today but its ok i will be sitting in the jail parking lot until he gets out *

Geeeesh !

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:19 AM on Jun. 9, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• Some moms don't realize you just to start loosening the rope at some point. Hold on too tight and they go crazy once they are let loose.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:32 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I guess my first thought on this is why you are judging someone else so much???
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 7:33 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• It isnt really judging, it is noticing that she is smothering her kids..
    which means my kids since they are in the same generation as her kids.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:37 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Jenn 4443 you have an excellent point. I think there is more to this than the OP is saying.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:38 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I agree judging someone isn't always the best because you have never walked in their shoes although I understand what you are saying. Every time I run into a parent that is over protective I just remind myself, we all parent differently and while I think they are doing a disservice to their children they probably think the same about me. I am open and honest with my kids. It is scare letting them go into this big bad world, although I believe if I give them the tools to be mature, productive adults then I have done my job. Therefore, I understand what you are saying although maybe she has her reasons for being this protective. She might learn as they get older and start pushing back and if not then it is her problem.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:39 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• She loves her kid..the problem?
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 7:40 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• You're right. It is better to spend no time with them at all, not worry about them, let them do whatever they want. (sarcasm) Taking pictures is problematic? And yes, IT REALLY IS JUDGING. And you call this person your "friend". Think she'd say the same if she knew you were talking behind her back? Put that mirror in front of your own face.
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 7:43 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• "It isn't really judging, it is noticing that she is smothering her kids"

No....it's exactly judging. You're making the assumption that her kids are going to be screwed when they are older because of how she parents. Did you not say this? -

"I know exactly how they are going to be when they are older"

That is nothing but pure judgement. You have absolutely no idea how her kids will be when they get older. She loves her kids & they know that...they will be fine adults as long as they are loved as kids.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:45 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• she is disabiling her kids,..

My oldest son just turned 3 and he knows how to make his own cereal and make his own popcorn in the microwave...

My kids know that sometimes they have to go to a sitter, and are well adjusted enough to not throw a fit when i leave.

She is upset that her daughter is going to kindergarten, but I can send my younger child to day care without a problem because i know it is benefitting him !
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:46 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• "she is disabiling her kids,..
    She is upset that her daughter is going to kindergarten, but I can send my younger child to day care without a problem because i know it is benefitting him !"

parenting is not a competition. I never ever had babysitters when i was young, my mom stayed home with me every single day. I slept in her bed til i was 10, she cried every year on the first day of school, i was not allowed to sleep over other kids houses, i did not make my first meal myself until i was about 10 years old...

and guess what...i moved out when i was 18 & have been on my own without my parents help ever since. She is not disabling her kids..that is very harsh of you.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:50 AM on Jun. 9, 2011