Is it really nessesary to take my Prendal Vitamin?

I never really been the person to actually 'like' taking pills on a daily basis and lately, I've been forgetting to take my vitamins and my boyfriend is always questioning me if I took them or not. It's great cause I know he cares but its getting super annoying and it makes me wonder if I really do need them ??

CandieGirl09

Asked by CandieGirl09 at 9:06 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Pregnancy

• if you are eating a HEALTHY and BALANCED diet, no it is not totally necessary.

if you diet is not 100% the recommended daily doses of all vitamins and minerals, you need to take it.

I know my cravings were not of the 100% healthy variety LOL
    Anonymous

• im the same way..im not good with taking pills..but i managed to take mine for 2 months then stopped and the baby is doing great..i just eat REALLY healthy foods and take care of my body to make up for my mistake...BUT i can at least say..i DID take them..rather than not taking them..
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 9:07 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• try to at the very least, mine made me sick so i took flinstone vitamins and a DHA supplement my daughter is very healthy and advanced for her age
    angelbabies14

Answer by angelbabies14 at 9:10 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Get some flinstone gummie vitamins. They do the same thing...Much easier to take and you can chew them...Like candy..
    Anonymous

• u can take the prenatal at night so u dont feel sick =]
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 9:13 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• If you don't like taking them you can take flinestone vitamins and if you do start taking your prenatal pills it is the best for the baby. That is why they are "prenatal vitamins" take them at night time on a full stomach or chances are you will get sick. I would def. take you boyfriends advice and take the pills unless your getting all those nutrients in a your daily diet...
    cantwait071909

Answer by cantwait071909 at 9:18 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• you really should talk to your dr. about taking flinstones intead of prenatal vitamins... flinstones have too much vitmain "A" and not enough "B" or Folic acid which are very important in pregnant women... i do agree on taking them at night... seemed to help me to remember if i put them on my night stand so every time i would go to bed i would lay down and they would be right there....
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 9:58 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I always take mine at night because on the bottle it says it takes 60 minutes to dissolve so im asleep by then so i dont feel sick
    Anonymous

• I could never keep them down. Too much iron. So I just took Flinstone vitamins lol
    ElijahsMommy58

Answer by ElijahsMommy58 at 10:01 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Btw, I was told my my OBGYN to take the kid vitamins since the prenatal ones couldnt stay down.
    ElijahsMommy58