How can I help the back pain I am starting to get?

I am 11 weeks prego and I have had lower back pain since I fell out of a tree when I was younger and landed on the root of the tree sprouting out. Question, what can I do as I become more and more prego to eliminate the pain and soothe it.

MissyNewMama

Asked by MissyNewMama at 8:06 AM on Jun. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Regular chiropractor treatments, as well as massage once you're past the first trimester.
    Anonymous

• a heating pad or ice alternating
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 8:17 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• i have bone abnornmalities in my lower back and hips we didnt find this out til last summer my dd was 2 almst 3 then..but wat helpped me was haveing a pillow between my knees and underneath my back for extra support..i gained a total of 54lbs wich did not help at all..i also took warm bathes with bath salt for aches and pain which helpped..i know now that light streaching like you would do in prenatal youga would help..also if its not to expensive for you i would look into a chiropartor they can help you with the discomfot of getting bigger and bigger but MAKE SURE you let them know from the start you prego...my ob told me b4 we knew about this that applyin direct heat or ice wasnt good..id also ask your ob...good luck
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 9:54 AM on Jun. 9, 2011