36 W why do my nipples hurt?

i am 36 weeks with my first bby and my nipples hurt, ive been lacktating since 30 w but y do they hurt now?

AliciaLamoreux

Asked by AliciaLamoreux at 8:06 AM on Jun. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• If you're leaking milk, you could have a yeast infection. That will cause nipple pain. Sometimes just having your nipples rub your bra can be irritating and cause pain too. You might want to have your OB check things out at your next appointment - or sooner if it gets worse.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 8:11 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• i thought you meant 36w as in bra size... i was thinking, "woooow, no way...!"
    sherlokke

Answer by sherlokke at 8:20 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• i thought only in beggining that nppls could hurt !!! ayyyyyyyyyyyy ..... this not gd news for me :(
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 8:59 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Your breast and nipples can hurt from the day you get pregnant up until you have baby or longer. With both of mine thats how it was. I've never heard that if you get a yeast infection it hurts your nipples and I've never heard that leaking a little is a sign of a yeast infection either. You can start leaking pre breast milk any where from 7 months pregnant up to the end of pregnancy. Your breast milk doesnt actually come in until about 3-5 days after you give birth. I can tell you if you ask your doctor about leaking they will tell you its normal. Your breasts and nipples hurt due to changes in your body and because they are getting ready for milk for the baby. If your concerned ask your doctor.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 10:54 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Mine have been increasingly hurting too!
    I think it might be from the hormones getting ready to produce milk.
    AeroJuicy91

Answer by AeroJuicy91 at 11:30 AM on Jun. 9, 2011