I ask this as a white person- Why is there no strong ethnic background for white people?

I mean I know why... Because most white people have NO idea where they came from but I just hate that. I used to wish I was another race just so I could have something to be proud of. Anyone have any idea what I am talking about?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:18 AM on Jun. 9, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Actually that isnt true. All you have to do is look at your family tree and know if you have Irish, Scottish, English or any other descendants.

Answer by gemgem at 8:21 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• You've never lived in city or town where there is. Here we have the Polish, German, Hungarian, communities. We still have churches that have Mass every Sunday in the language of the people who started the Church.
    daps

Answer by daps at 8:21 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• You can be still be proud...of your actions....
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 8:26 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• no....why not be proud to be AMERICAN?
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:19 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Wow, that's so untrue. Do a search of your heritage and find out who you are and don't assume we don't know where we come from. It is NOT expensive and just bc your mom doesn't know her mom's maiden name don't assume the rest of us don't.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:30 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Really? %90 of the white people i know can easily say where their ancestors came from. America isn't THAT old....

no one ever told you that you're Irish, or German, or Italian in your family? That is strange to me...

The only 2 white people i know who don't know where their ancestry came from are adopted.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:37 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• yes, I know what you mean. There are so many special days for every other race. Just wish it was more equal...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:19 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Uf there is no family tree well, yeah. It cost a lot of money to trace. Especially when you parents don't know their grandparents names. My mom doesn't even know her mom's maiden name. MOST people do not have any family tree to speak of.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:22 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I know exactly where my ancestors and I come from. I am proud of my heritage and am proud to be an American.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:23 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Yeah, my husband is part Irish.He is in the process of working on his family tree. He gets irritated there is a month for everything except Irish.
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 8:24 AM on Jun. 9, 2011