How old?

How old were you child(ren) when they sat at the table not in a highchair? And how did you get them to stay there?

watersgirls

Asked by watersgirls at 9:08 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• ok like i said w.o we tried it at 17months and they were too short so made a lot of mess. I am getting them there own lil table.
    Like the other mom says if they get up tell your lo to sit down..if they wont take the food.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 9:32 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I had my kids in a booster seat at about 18 months or so at the table.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:10 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• we did this the other day...wouldnt again couldnt reach the table they just sat there..at 17moths...
    with there booster seat they eat just fine
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 9:11 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• mine have always sat at the table. We have always used the portable booster seats ($15 from walmart) with the tray. the seat straps to the chair, the tray snaps on and also fits under our table so we just kind of used the tray as added security.

my 2 1/2 year old is still a bit too short to sit at the table without the booster, without it he can basically put his chin on the table. so I'd say wait until they can actually sit at the table at the proper height to see and reach their plate correctly.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 9:11 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• We actually don't have a dining room table (small apartment not enough room) but a couple of months ago we bought our dd a little tikes table and started letting her eat at that. I pull it up to the couch and I sit on the couch and she sits on one of the chairs. If she gets up I tell her to sit back down and eat. If she gets up again I take the food away and tell her "all done". If she gets mad I tell her to sit back down. Most of the time she will sometimes she won't depends on if she is actually hungry or not. Oh and she is 16 months.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 9:14 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• op do you mean with or w.o booster seats too...
    cuz with booster seats they been sitting at the table since they were 11 months. but like i just said they sat w.o a booster seat and made a mess. at 17 months
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 9:14 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• my son first we took tray off hichair and lowered it so he could eat at tabel but still reach good (18 months) then bout 2 he decied he was done with the high chair(was best to move higher to storage so he didnt chang mind from day to day he did that) now we have a booster but he prefers to sit on knees
    areneemurph

Answer by areneemurph at 9:14 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• my bro and sis were bout 2
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 9:26 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I'D PREFER WITH OUT THE BOOSTER I HAVE ONE MYSELF
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 9:26 PM on Dec. 10, 2008