I feel bad i divorced the father of my kids but i also don't want him back...

he was physically, financially, and emotionally abusive towards me but i feel like that was my fault. i always talked back to him... the financial part - he was just being selfish & is a loser. I also couldn't stand how he only showered about once a week and always smelled bad. it was a fight if i ever voiced any opinion. he was not a good husband or father... he didn't want divorce but also wouldn't help fix it. i couldn't stand the site of him & just wanted him out my house. he also cheated ALL the time. while married to me he always had one or two serious relationships on the side. he also completely ignored my daughter. so why do i regret the divorce but don't want to be with him either?? smh. in fact i think he is a terrible S.O.B.... literally cause his mom is just like him!!!

mrsary

Asked by mrsary at 8:55 AM on Jun. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• Move forward, try a support group, you are grieving (even though there were so many negatives to the relationship).
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:12 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• why on earth do you feel bad? sounds like he was aweful!! sounds to me like you did the right thing for you and your kids. STAY STRONG!! Make some new friends to get your mind off things. Good Luck mama!!
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 9:07 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• embrace it darling, you are free. Your kids will be much happier in the long run even though they may be bummed that you are divorcing right now.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:08 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Do not feel bad; you did the right thing. Get yourself professional help to work on your self-esteem issues. Learn to love yourself and be proud that you can move forward toward a better life without him. It's never easy to make major life-changing choices, but don't blame yourself nor accept responsibilty for abuse. No one ever deserves abuse. You are a woman, so your emotions will most likely lead you to question your decision at times, but as a woman and as a mother, hold your head up high and tell yourself you are dam well worth a better life!
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 9:39 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Change, even a good change, can be hard to adjust to. You know you've done the right thing. Stay strong momma. I'm proud of you for getting out of that kind of relationship.

And never blame yourself for the way a man treats you. You have a right to your opinions. You deserve better.
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 9:17 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I just couldnt get past the fact that he smelled so bad didnt shower and was cheating on you.
    What kind of person would cheat with a man like that? It's one thing that you married him but im sure he wasnt like this went you met. I would hope not. But if he became like this after and he was cheating on you, thats nerve. Be happy you dont have to deal with his stink ass no more!
    SnapIt

Answer by SnapIt at 4:32 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• why would you honestly feel guilty about divorcing that man. seriously especially someone who doesn't even bathe, that's just gross and stupid. also he was treating you very bad physically and mentally. that in itself is a reason to divorce. there is no reason to feel guilty about it. and don't let him either
    lucky35

Answer by lucky35 at 2:07 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• snapit the other women don't stick around for long. lol. tasches.. good advice.
    mrsary

Comment by mrsary (original poster) at 1:01 AM on Jun. 10, 2011