Birthday Party ideals....

My son is turning 13 "TEEN".... so I need to spice up my parties so they are no longer kid parties so if you can help me with all the details that would be great.... themes,food,decor,games/activities,party favors and alike. Even maybe what not to do...lol

Mommy_Aiken

Asked by Mommy_Aiken at 8:55 AM on Jun. 9, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• Maybe a guitar hero or wii themed party. My friends brother turned 13 last year. They live in the country so they camped out in the woods near by. Parents were just in the house if there were any real issues but they have enough "privacey" to feel like teens.
    MrsLLove

Answer by MrsLLove at 9:24 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Oh and you can buy guitar hero themed stuff online for decor. Same with camping themed stuff. With Wii you could have different types of wii games to use as themes. You could go on and on with that one.
    MrsLLove

Answer by MrsLLove at 9:26 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I like the above ideas, also laser tag or paint balling.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 2:14 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Themes?? We dropped "Themes" at 10. We've always asked our kids what they wanted to do for their birthday. We've had video game parties, sleepovers with homemade pizza, Party favors have been glow bracelets, Hershey bars, itunes cards, silly string.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 2:22 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Maby too a theme park!!! Dont stress!!! ask him a few things that he wants!!
    Jellowantsyou

Answer by Jellowantsyou at 9:16 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Here's a favored party I did inspired by the show "Survivor". it was a coed party and all the kids claimed it was the best party they had ever been to. They had a variety of competitions (my favorite was the food comp). I made lime jello shots with sour gummy worms in dixie cups. Chunks of Vienna sausage , and chocolate or vanilla pudding with raisins in it...or even yummy snacks as well. I used a Twister spinner for the kids to spin and eat what it landed on. They raced to down what it was first. The teams were marked by colored bandana's and they picked their own names. The team with most points when all games were finished (we had a tug-o-war with a rubber pool in the middle, and a limbo contest) got to pick cute gifts I bought (water guns, balloons for a water balloon fight...etc) first. They all won something and they sure enjoyed the party. hope that helps :)
    momma-t42

Answer by momma-t42 at 10:18 AM on Jun. 10, 2011