DD weight...

Okay aside form the obvious... taking her to the ped... is there way to tell if she is underweight again? (we have had this problem in the past) Our family has recently changed our eating habits ( cut out 75% of the meat dropped rice and use barley bulk meals out with veggies- no snack food outside of fruit and veggies and popcorn in the house. The only high fat meal is breakfast because pancakes are cheap to make- these are all economic changes so...) Anyway, I am a little worried. I noticed I see all her ribs this morning. Not with her arms up or something... you just can. I may be reading into this though... I will take her into the ped soon but I wanted an opinion or two... Oh she is 3.5 and small for her age anyway.

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 9:13 AM on Jun. 9, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My daughter was not even 30 pounds at 3.5. She is very tiny.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 9:28 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I have always been able to see my kids ribs. Granted, they all run on the skinny side but I don't stress much about their weight as long as they are eating healthy foods. You can google height/weight charts and see where she is. My kids constantly run underweight, just how their genetics come together - I did too as a child.

Answer by missanc at 9:30 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• You can download growth charts and plot her weight to see where she lands.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:56 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• http://www.cdc.gov/growthcharts/charts.htm
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:10 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• every child grows differently, as long as she is getting the food and nutrition that she needs I dont think you need to worry
    Kat1990

Answer by Kat1990 at 10:15 AM on Jun. 10, 2011