Question for ladies who understand ovulation!

We have been having sex every other day for the last week or so during my fertile window. We had sex Tuesday evening, and this morning I had a ton of cervical discharge indicating ovulation. ( I am fairly regular, but it is hard for me to pinpoint my exact ovulation day.) My question is, how long does it usually take to actually ovulate after seeing the signs? I am worried that by the time we get home from work today, I will have missed my opportunity! Glad we did it Tuesday ... but darn, yesterday would have been better! lol.

happymama2D

Asked by happymama2D at 9:14 AM on Jun. 9, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Well at any rate sperm have been know to hang around up to three days waiting for the egg. The eggs hangs around about 24 hours. All of this gives you some leeway. Don't rule pregnancy out yet. Every other day is the best bet.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:19 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Thanks Ladies! It is really hard sitting here at work knowing I am ovulating!!! haha. I know that doing it every other day, is the way to go so I will just hope for the best! I know that I still have a good chance, but like I said, I SO wish we would have yesterday ... also, I know today those fast little boy sperm have the best chance of getting there first! I already have 2 boys, so wouldn't mind a little girl ,,, either way, I would be thrilled to get preganant again.
    happymama2D

Comment by happymama2D (original poster) at 11:00 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Can you and your s/o meet up for a lunch hour tryst, a quickie, somewhere? lol You'll be fine after work, sperm live for a few days so one from Tuesday could be getting in your egg already, but the egg also lives for a couple of days so it'll be around even if you don't get to bd-ing til later tonight. GL mama.
    Anonymous