If your so was a landscaper how would u react to him not wanting to maintain your yard?

rinamomof2

Asked by rinamomof2 at 9:29 AM on Jun. 9, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Sounds normal. Mechanic's with the worst cars, Plumbers with back up pipes, Landscapers with long grass, House painters with peeling houses, etc.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 3:08 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I'd think he was so sick of dealing with it all day long that the last thing he would want to do is mow another lawn on his own time. When my husband still worked in landscaping I did our own yard, I wouldn't expect him to do it after coming home from mowing, trimming and planting all day!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 9:30 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I don't think it would bother me too much if that's what he does for a living. But I would get mad if he didn't mow the yard!
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 9:40 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• My husband is a mechanic and he lets the cars go so bad that it's been dangerous. He tells me that fixing our cars doesn't make him money. Yea. I think your husband is tired of doing yard work so the one at home he doesn't care as much for.
    techgirl3

Answer by techgirl3 at 10:07 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Yeah, that is really very common.
    Ever hear the story of the cobblers children who had no shoes?
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 10:35 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• DH is an attorney and dont have any of our legal stuff in order--wills in particular. I understand.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 11:01 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• My hubby works for a company that does landscaping but he enjoys doing our yard. if he didnt he would never hear the end of it.
    MommaWoods

Answer by MommaWoods at 9:32 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• the same way i do because my husband is a maintenance mechanic so he can fix any and everything and yet I DO IT around the house, and the same way my mother did growing up with a plumber in the house, yet the toilet always ran and the sink always dripped! LOL you just either b*tch or do it yourself! :)
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 9:32 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• The same way I react to my husband being a mechanic and not wanting to maintain our vehicles which makes repairs later on much more expensive. I understand completely being sick and tired of somethign after doing it all day. I am thoroughly sick of dishes, laundry, and to some extent being the only one our kids go to when they want or need something. But I still do all those things all day and well into the night. Yes, coming home and working in the yard or on the cars is not going to be amazing fun but it needs to happen.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:35 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I would have an issue with it. I can't mow the lawn due to severe allergies that would put me in the hospital, so he HAS to do it.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:45 AM on Jun. 9, 2011