Trimmed my nose hair now I have a bump in nose... I have had MRSA in the past.

Sorry ladies Im at my wits end. I've been sick for nearly 2 weeks. I'm practically living on the toilet. Yesterday I felt better. So I plucked my eyebrows and trimmed my nose hairs to look somewhat presentable. This morning I woke up to a bump inside my nose, more diarreah and guess what? My Monthly present came. ugh! I really can't catch a break. Sorry about the complaining. I just feel jipped right now.

My question is; Can this bump become MRSA?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Jun. 9, 2011 in Health

• Oh and I'm on Amoxicillin for a sinus infection. Isn't that what the use for MRSA? So it is possible that I'll be okay?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:31 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Yes it can.. Any sore can become MRSA positive if you have been exposed to it or positive for it in the past.. It is very hard to get rid of MRSA once you are positive.. When we test our newly hospitalized ICU pts for MRSA, the nair's is where we swab all of them.. Be very careful, wash your hands before dealing with your children etc.. to prevent spreading it.. If you have a wound keep it cover and do the same for your family.. If you are concerned/need treatment see your MD..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 10:31 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• No that is not the ABX used to treat MRSA, It is true they use antibiotics for MRSA but it is much much stronger than amoxicillin..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 10:33 AM on Jun. 9, 2011