Does your child have a special toy or blanket?

ANd when did they give it up?

MrsLLove

Asked by MrsLLove at 9:38 AM on Jun. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• Yes. A little pink dog I got from Nordstrom. She calls him DD.
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 9:40 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• She has a few favorite things and I am not expecting her to give them up anytime soon.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:42 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• My 2nd had an Elmo (My First Elmo), my 4th has a "bear" (blanket with a bear head), and my 5th has "kitty" (blanket with a cat head). We got multiples of all when we realized how attached they were getting, so we could rotate and wash.

Answer by missanc at 9:43 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• My oldest is attached to her blanket her aunt had bought her when she was born. She will not sleep without it. She calls it her "boo" my youngest really isn't attached to anything except her passie, but we got rid of those starting yesterday...she is doing pretty good without it, but we have had a couple of meltdowns.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 9:45 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• My DS is 2 and has a blankey. He sleeps with it and will play with it all day long while he is at home. He has had this blanket since he was born. The other night Daddy and I both had to work late so he was at his grandparents around bedtime. His blanket ended up getting left behind. We couldn't go get it because we were low on gas. So it had to wait until the next day. He wouldn't sleep until he fell asleep on the couch with me. At 2 am in came and crawled in bed with us crying for his blankey. I tried giving him something else but he would just say "NO, NOT BLANKEY" and throw it. I was just wondering if I should try to wean him or just let it run it's course?
    MrsLLove

Comment by MrsLLove (original poster) at 9:57 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• My son is almost 8 and still sleeps with his blanky at home. He has grown less attached to it though and doesn't take it to his grandparents. I never tried to wean him or take it away. It doesn't really hurt anything. But my mom made him about 15 of them when he was born. We only have 2 left. I am pregnant and ,y mother is making some for Emma too.
    chelley123

Answer by chelley123 at 10:19 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• My 6 month old daughter has a pink/chocolate colored stuffed kitty that she sleeps with. It doesn't leave the bassinet. We call it "Kitty Mow Mow" lmao.
    Kari727

Answer by Kari727 at 10:36 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• My sister brought her blankie with her on a trip at age 27.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 3:45 PM on Jun. 10, 2011