Husband wants to change the color of our house, what do you think ?

or atleast right now he wants to change the trim... I think he is just bored because he is on a long vacation from work ( they said he had to take his vacation days lol ) ... We havent lived here for that long, but I have painted and decorated the inside so now he thinks since I did th inside he should get to do the outside ( the reason he didnt decorate the inside is for 1. I love to decorate and for 2. he thinks blankets can be used as curtains !!) I have tried to tell him that if he really wants to do something he cant paint the fence or even rip out the bricks in the backyard ( it is an old walkway but the bricks are all chipped up and the kids constantly trip on them) ... so now I think if I just prove to him that the painting ( for now) is a bad idea I can get him to stick with the small projects... Now I am not a fan of hunter green - I love others greens but i have just never really liked the hunter green color, however I think it looks nice with the tan.... He wants to change everything that is green and paint it red , which I actually kind of like red and tan together, but I just do not think it would look right on this house ( plus the fact he is a sloppy painter and i would hate to have red poka dots on the tan) ... But anyways what do think ? Paint the green ( you can also give us your other ideas on colors and such if you have them )

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Jun. 9, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I think the red would look great. But with that in mind my husband is also not a very good painter and I would refuse to allow him to do. Our last house took him 6 years to pain and it drove me insane. I wound up at about a year into it doing everything but the eaves because they needed to be scrape, sanded and then painted and I just couldn't manage that with my 3 little ones. My husband is just not very good at detail work. Give him a large wall and he can go to town but the finishing touches are not where he is strong.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 9:47 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• yes , same here, he just tries to hurry with the detials... he painted a room in the house... and I had to redo it becuase there was splatters and drippings everywhere...

i like the red too, it is probably my fav color... but I just dont think we need to do anything to it right now, I think our house is pretty enough and" if it is not broke dont fix it "lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:56 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I think the house looks good the way it is
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 10:21 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I think I would go with the red over green anyday and the house does look good the way it is. If he wants to paint & FINISH the job so it looks good let him it will keep him out of your hair but yes it sounds like the other projects should come 1st
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 10:37 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I think you should put up decorative shutters on the sides of your front windows. Put a window box under the downstairs window & plant some flowers in it. Paint the shutters & window box green & paint your front door a dark maroon or red. I would paint the garage door green.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:53 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I love my paulie -- I definatly want shutters and window boxes ! ... I was just waiting because I knew I didnt want them in green ( wait until we find out what color we are really going to do) ... Idealy ( if I knew he would do it right) i would like the red shutter, red door and them " almond cream" trim and window box...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:50 AM on Jun. 9, 2011