Do you make your baby food?

Do you make your baby food?

I made my baby food fro my first and Loved it, I would make it and freeze it. So much better than those Jars. My son still to this day Loves everything I make. Whatever I made for Dinner I would set aside 1 cup and let cool then put it in the processor then freeze it for another day.

If so,Do you have a great receipe? post it!

Can you freeze it?

babyhuey2

Asked by babyhuey2 at 9:56 AM on Jun. 9, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I did,yes
    froze it as well

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:58 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• We never did "baby food" purees, just mashed with the back of a fork whatever fruits/veggies we happened to be eating (if I added sugar or salt I would take out their portion beforehand)

Answer by missanc at 10:02 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• my son ate jar baby food sometimes but most of the time what every we were having id mash a bite up on my plate and feed him
    myboysRmyhero

Answer by myboysRmyhero at 10:04 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I did. I would make batches and then freeze it in ice trays. The put the cubes into labeled zip-lock bags. Perfect portions easy to thaw!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:05 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• i make and freeze batches of veg purees and prune puree... she also eats off of our plates
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 10:07 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Yes. I puree batches and freeze them in ice cube trays, place them in freezer bags and then microwave the portions to defrost before feeding.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 10:15 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• yes, i did. I just through everything in a small food processor. Nothing like fresh food for a baby. My Dd never once ate the jarred crap...
    She also ate off of my plate as well.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:19 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• We did a combo of both home made and store bought. Mostly home made unless it was on sale at the store. I pureed and froze in ice cube trays and as she got bigger I used small plastic containers that were perfect sizes until she was able to eat what we were having.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:27 AM on Jun. 9, 2011