Just finished Lamaze class!! Did you take a class?

What did you get out of it?

I loved the relaxation tips, Im having a natural birth.

Well It wasnt really the traditional LAMAZE class. It was a preperations class given by a place I go to get pregnancy assistance.

babyhuey2

Asked by babyhuey2 at 9:58 AM on Jun. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I took a birthing class that had a segment in Lamaze. I did use some of the techniques during my birth but I so failed at the whole natural thing. lol. I ended up with an epi after 26 hours or so and a c-sec to boot because DS was getting hung up in my pelvis! Ahh well- he was healthy!. I hope you get the birth you are hoping for those techniques can really help! Keep practicing them!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:04 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I took lamaze and thank God I did! I would never have been able to make it through labor with out the breathing techniques! Good luck on your birth!
    MrsLLove

Answer by MrsLLove at 10:10 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I took a class from a friend. I was an apprentice midwife when I became pregnant, so I was really well informed, but my husband was terrified and needed information REALLY bad lol. So we took the class more for him than for me. It wasn't Lamaze, but it was still very very informative.

I have since become a certified childbirth educator myself :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 10:21 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Yes my favorite part of being pregnant
    newathis918

Answer by newathis918 at 11:51 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• My husband and I are currently taking Bradley. I'm planning on a natural birth and so far I'm really enjoying the class and feeling encouraged from it.
    I haven't taken Lamaze
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 12:20 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Would of loved to take a Bradley Class, But this was more like a preperations Class. Great techniques.
    babyhuey2

Comment by babyhuey2 (original poster) at 1:12 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I have taken several classes but never Lamaze "brand" lol.
    LOVE classes!!
    :-D

I love that it reiterates that birth is a normal process and there are things we can do to make it better, more enjoyable, safer-- naturally.
    And that we have a LOT of choices and most aren't told upfront so the classes help open up inspiration to self-investigate. And to make birth plans and get birth doulas, etc.
    And of course there are some coping tips, too.
    ;-)

doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:58 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• i never took any kind of child birth class and i did just fine with both my pregnancies.
    youngmami07

Answer by youngmami07 at 3:56 PM on Jun. 9, 2011