Anyone else get extremely Oily Hair post birth?

My daughter is 14 weeks old and last week i notice my hair was oily and sticky feeling. I thought it was my hair gel (which i never had an issue with before). I wash my hair twice every shower and have not added product to it. I tried rinsing with 1 c warm water mixed with baking soda- made it worse. I tried dish soap to get rid of the oily look and sticky feel- still there.

I was told today that it may be my body over compensating due to dry skin. So the glands are producing more.

Anyone else have the same issue?
How did you fix the problem?

JenniD1

Asked by JenniD1 at 10:09 AM on Jun. 9, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I have a friend who's DD has this problem. She has her wash her hair every 2 days. She still showers daily but only washes her hair every other shower. Try that and see if that helps and only wash it once instead of twice.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:22 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Over washing your hair can cause this cut back on how often you wash it. It will be gross for a bit but then your body will stop over producing oils.
    There are dry shampoo products out there that can help with the greasy feel/look in the meantime.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 12:17 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Yes, I went through the same thing. For me, I think it had to do with nursing because once I stopped nursing the oily hair went away... I mean I would wash my hair, blow dry it, and it would be greasy. I had to stop wearing my hair down because it looked so bad. About 2 weeks after I stopped nursing my hair was back to normal! Crazy.
    CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 12:23 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• And mine was a specific spot...the top of the back of my head. and it was also super sticky like i had gel in it. and i don't use any kind of extra product on my hair.
    CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 12:25 PM on Jun. 9, 2011