Should I have waited?

hey well its just a question that my ex-grandmother in law keeps bugging me about. See I married her grandson and not long after he cheated on me with his ex girlfriend AGAIN. I knew I could never trust him but I tried to stay with him. I was just looking through his phone not expecting to find anything but did. He had been texting my cousin wanting to "hook up"some time when I wasn't around and she was all for it. So we separated. I wanted a D and he wouldn't pay for it. So 2 years pass we don't talk and I find a great man. Loves me and my kids. And he wants to get married... I'm like can't till me and him are divorced and I can't pay for it. So my boyfriend at the tine now husband pays for it. Well my ex-husbands grandmother is telling me that getting married will be a mistake. I was divorced in January and married again in April. Did I jump too fast like the gma says or do you think she just wanted me to stay with her grandson?

countrymama87

Asked by countrymama87 at 10:10 AM on Jun. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• It's not the date of divorce and date of marriage on paper that counts but the relationship itself. It sounds like things were loveless for quite a while with your other marriage. Don't worry about what she says, what counts is how you feel and how this relationship is.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 10:14 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Only time will tell the answer to your question. That, and how hard you want to work at making this one succeed!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:14 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Sounds like your doing the right thing and have a good man. Ignore the grandmother...thats her grandson...so of course she doesnt want you to remarry.
    MissyNewMama

Answer by MissyNewMama at 10:14 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• What Nannyb said. Who cares what other people say.
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 10:37 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I think iits none of her business :) as long as you are happy, who cares.
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 11:00 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• IMO, i think it was fast. You didn't give yourself time to adjust, enjoy being single. i'm sure he is a really nice man and takes care of you and your son but you should have waited. maybe even lived together first, like they say you never know someone until you've lived with them. or they don't show their true colors until after the fact. but if you are happy and is taking care of your family then that's all that matters and not what others think.
    lucky35

Answer by lucky35 at 2:05 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I was single I'm a way for 2 years I lived life for me and my kids. Didn't want a man, didn't even want to date him at frist till we got to talking and getting to know a Lil about eachother. We were together for over a year b4 getting married. And he didn't want to live together till we werearried and his mom is a freak and wouldn't let him. To get to know about that I have a post on parenting debate called controlling or old school? Gotta read! That's how his mom is if you go read it. But we are happy, never fight or argue or go to bed mad at the other. It's quiet nice actually.
    countrymama87

Comment by countrymama87 (original poster) at 3:31 PM on Jun. 9, 2011