If your 6 month old puppy chewed your brand new 3000 couch what would your reaction be?

rinamomof2

Asked by rinamomof2 at 10:34 AM on Jun. 9, 2011 in Pets

• Sounds like you tried to keep it contained, so it's not like you left it running loose in the house or anything. I would chalk it up to experiance, buy a crate or use an old playpen (depending on the size of the puppy) to put the puppy in in the future.... i'd really be tempted however to oil up the pliers and get ready to play dentist with the pup.... lol jk jk.... our dogs when they were between 1 and 2 chewed up two, yes two loveseats... but they were junk in the first place, and we only got the loveseats for the dogs to lay on out in the shop.
    nybor48

Answer by nybor48 at 3:56 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I would kick my own ass for leaving a 6 month old puppy out with no supervision.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:38 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• i'd kick myself for having a puppy inside the house, not crated or unsupervised.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:37 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• what was I thinking buying a 3000 dollar couch :)
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 10:35 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• My reaction would have been "OMG I'm an IDIOT for not realizing a puppy is going to chew things....what was I thinking spending so much on a couch for?"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Well, I'm wondering why I have a puppy around a couch that expensive to begin with. Puppies chew on things, it's what they do (along with pee and poo in the floor, yelp and carry on and have a disgusting facination with litter boxes). After that, I would do the puppy punishment (show it the issue, tell it no, ect) and possibly get a less expensive replacement couch.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:36 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• at first irritated that I or who ever was supposed to be wasn't watching him or having him crated. Then I would reaffirm the rules with everyone, including myself, about the puppies supervision OR if no one wants to or can watch him he should be in his crate. Then I would look into some training classes to help the family better learn to control the puppy and help him learn.

whats done is done to the couch I would be pissed but it was my own fault.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:37 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I would probably freak out. Although in reality I have no idea.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 10:35 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• surprisedslapangryscreaming

kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:36 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I would be mad, but that is what puppies do. Bad planning in getting a new couch before getting a puppy!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:36 AM on Jun. 9, 2011