Sweetener question

if you COULDN'T(per doctors orders) use sugar and had to use sweetener which would you rather use--

EQUAL or SPLENDA or SWEET 'N LOW

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 10:37 AM on Jun. 9, 2011 in Food & Drink

• splenda
    sdks2011

Answer by sdks2011 at 10:38 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I wasn't posting to be preached at about these I was asking which one people prefer to use I don't need the sermons or nasty replies
    Christmaslver68

Comment by Christmaslver68 (original poster) at 10:48 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I would look into alternative sweeteners, find out if I could have honey, agave syrup, things like that - FIL is diabetic and I do not like those artificial ones!
    Anonymous

• None of the above.....they are all bad for you. They can cause you to crave more sweet things and then eat more calories than if you had sugar and they are all excitotoxins, meaning they cause the neurons in your brain to overfire....prolonged use of them can cause these neurons to tire and not fire enough and that can lead to Seizures, Alzheimers, Lou Gehrig's Disease and other neurological disorders!

If you can't have sugar the safest alternative is Stevia, it's not artificial. I don't use truvia, a brand of it but 100% raw stevia. It's your safest bet!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 10:46 AM on Jun. 9, 2011