How big is your 21 month old boy? (or girl?)

my boy turned 21 months yesterday, he is 32 1/2" tall and 23 lbs. is this very small? i feel like he is awfully skinny. at birth he weighed 7 lbs 13 oz. he used to be higher on the charts.... but has been steadily declining.... especially in weight. we you worry? at his 18 month check ... he was 40% for height and 3% for weight.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Jun. 9, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• * would you worry?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:51 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• My 15 month old Dd is 34" and 24 lbs... She is kind of a giant, tho... I would call your Pediatritian and ask if there are any concerns on her end and if they want to check him out. How is his diet? Maybe a vitamin or pedia-sure drink could help supplement any nutritional gaps if need be.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 11:07 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• My 21 month old is 28 lbs. I don't really remember how tall he is, maybe 33 inches. If your son is steadily declining, then maybe you want to address this with your pediatrician. I am kind of surprised your doctor has not already addressed this with you. Is he eating ok or is he very picky? All kids are different, but if you have concerns, certainly talk to your doctor.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 11:13 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• my 20 month old is only 19pds it depends on how big the mom and dad are genetics as long as your doc. is not worried you have no reason to worry and my 20 month old is a picky eater so you have to think about that too. anyways i hope this helps have a wonderful day!
    22mommyof3girls

Answer by 22mommyof3girls at 11:56 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• At 21 months my son was 36.5 inches tall and 29 lbs

I think I would talk to your pediatrician more about his size... I would worry a little that he's dropping on the curve, some kids are small but follow their own curve and that is fine... but it doesn't seem that your son is following the curve. When I plotted his height and weight it looks like he is about 26% for height 7% for weight.... his weight for length is also pretty low at around 7% (meaning he's very skinny, like you said)
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:12 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Doctor didn't seem concerned at his 18 month appointment. And my son isn't really a picky eater. He also does take vitamins and I give him a Pediasure everyday as well as formula at night still. I am 5'3 and about 98 lbs. Mh husband is 6'2 and 185. My husband was a very skinny kid.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:35 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• If he is losing weight I would definately get a second opion.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 4:38 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• My son will be 23 months this month and he weighs in at 25 pounds. I can't remember how tall he is though (he's shorty). Like the other mom's have said I would bring up the decline with your ped and see what he/she says and if they aren't concerned I would get a 2nd opinion just in case! GL mama
    MommyYeoman

Answer by MommyYeoman at 6:10 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• he isnt losing weight.... and his height has been increasing.... just his weight has been around the 22lb mark forever!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:01 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I wouldnt worry then. Every child is different :)
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 10:57 PM on Jun. 9, 2011