She WON'T sleep!!!

OMFG, I am going NUTS. My youngest DD is 7 months and she won't sleep for more than 10 mins at a time lately. WTH??? I don't no what to do-its not from teething. Suggestions anyone? I have got to get some sleep and I KNOW she needs it as well. And before anyone responds with it...I do not believe in cry-it-out. At all. Period. End of story. Its not an option in this household. (I see lots of people answering questions like that, so I thought I'd clarify!) Thanks in advance for any help!!!

EvaSerenity

Asked by EvaSerenity at 9:37 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try reading The No Cry Sleep Solution by Elizabeth Pantley. It offers some good suggestions.
    Anonymous

• Do you co-sleep? My son sleeps with us and I know he sleeps better when we're cuddling him. Maybe if you bring your baby to bed with you and pat her and nurse her ( I don't know if you bf or not, but that really helps my son stay asleep) when she starts to wake up it'll help. I know it makes it hard to get anything else done, but at least you'll both be able to get some sleep hopefully. Good luck. :)
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 9:51 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Actually, we do co-sleep, and I am still nursing her. The problem is mostly during the day-she will not take a single nap! Seriously, not one! And for a baby her age, thats just not natural. I know she's tired, but she won't sleep. At night, I'm only getting about an hour at a time before she wakes and wants to nurse, play, crawl, whatever. I'm pregnant again, and I just don't physically have the energy for this. :(
    EvaSerenity

Answer by EvaSerenity at 9:54 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• IS she waking up crying or waking up and wanting to play?
    If she is crying, maybe something is hurting her, you could try Tylenol or Motrin and see if it helps her.
    Has anything changed at home with her sleeping as far as noise level, or where she sleeps or her routine or something?
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 9:57 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Ami-she is doing both. No, nothing has changed in her routine or where she sleeps. I have rarely tried the Motrin, ONLY when I KNEW her teeth were bothering her, but she still continues.
    EvaSerenity

Answer by EvaSerenity at 10:01 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• It sounds like something is bothering her. Could be her tummy aching. I would call the pedi, because at her age she should be sleeping atleast a good 8 hours thru the night.

When babies wont sleep at all, from experience, it's something bothering or hurting them.

If she hasn't fallen to hurt herself or anything then I would think its her stomach hurting her.
    lanesmommy08

Answer by lanesmommy08 at 11:51 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Are you sure she's not teething? Highland's Teething Tablets have worked really well for us.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 12:06 PM on Dec. 11, 2008