How does your toddler help you?

mrs.coop

Asked by mrs.coop at 10:56 AM on Jun. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• she makes a mess wherever she is
    if she did not do this
    i would not have the mess to clean up

lol
    very helpful
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:58 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• He helps hand me laundry, take stuff to the trash, clean up his his messes (when asked, and often requires help), he brings us stuff when asked... He loves to help!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:00 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• He puts his dirty clothes in the hamper, puts his cup in the sink, cleans up his toys, "helps" carry the laundry basket, puts clothes in the dryer (I take them out of the washer)
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 11:07 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• He makes me smile on days when I think I have no smiles left, and that is everything to me.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:12 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• My daughter puts her dishes in the sink when she is done. If I ask her to get me something or do something for me she usually does it. She loves to help do laundry and yard work. When I got pregnant back in October I had morning sickness all day everyday for about 4 months and she would come into the bathroom and rub my back and ask if I was ok. Now my belly is so big I cant see my feet or put lotion on my legs so she likes to put my shoes on for me and put lotion on my legs lol. I dont even have to ask. She loves helping.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 12:41 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• He's very neat. He put his toys on it's place. And helps when I cook
    Vian.aram

Answer by Vian.aram at 12:47 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I came from a family where "you live here, you're expected to help" and my three year old has been helping as long as she has been walking. She cleans her room (I help), puts her laundry in the hamper, dishes in the sink, helps cook and "clean" (she likes to vacuum and dust, LOL). She helps outside by pulling weeds (ok, so she picks dandelions because she thinks they are pretty flowers..).

If she wants to, I let her help with really anything I'm doing.
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 12:57 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• he's not quite two but likes to sweep, empty trash (on the floor), and runs for the phone when it rings (as he believes it's his phone and his calls and rarely trows a fight when he does not talk to my broker or dr), He also loves doing laundry... we have a front loader and he will put stuff in until he decides it needs to come out and when washer is done he likes to put the wet stuff in the dryer.
    Mommy_Aiken

Answer by Mommy_Aiken at 1:01 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Mine helps with vacuuming, mending the clothes, putting his toys away. I see my son in the future becoming a Chef DH has said unanimously that my DS cooks better than me. LOL
    Cafemomoftwo217

Answer by Cafemomoftwo217 at 7:27 AM on Jun. 10, 2011