How many minutes or hours do u spend??

Playin with your child/children??i know it must be a little easier for the moms that have more than one child because they have each other to play with. But how about the moms that have only one child, my daughter always wants me to play and play, I feel bad at times because im played out!! I usually do my cleaning in the morning, and then a liitle pick up in the evening, other than that she has all my attention..

Princesaof1

Asked by Princesaof1 at 11:00 AM on Jun. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• not as much now that she is 9. She seems to want to do things more on her own now. We still do lots of stuff together, but she is practicing her independence these days i guess. But, when she was younger...I'd play with her all day, as long as i could get my domestic duties done.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:02 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• About an hour thru the week (I work) and then on the weekend, 4-5 hours a day.

But, she is starting to play with her 12 yr old SB more often now.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:05 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• we usually stay inside most of the day til lunch..when inside she plays and naps but after lunch we are outside the rest of the day playing in the pool
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 11:04 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I am very close to all 5 of my kids. I do work full time, and my eldest DD works as my office help, so I am with her 40 a week, and at home too. My other DD stays with my 4 and 5 yr old. When I get home she tends to want to go off and do her own thing, and I spend every moment I can with my LO's. It has been very hot here, so the past two nights, I have spent about 3 hours with them in our swimming pool, we have so much fun.  Here is a pic of my oldest son J tossing my youngest son JJ in the pool.  My oldest is out on his own, but comes after work to swim and cool down and have dinner with us.  I am one blessed momma.

salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:10 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• with my kids our all adults now we go out and spend time together almost everyday and i like it
    when they where little i spend some time with them but i had 5
    i also had to cook meals and clean house as well as look after the farm so they new that they want to be with mom i could teach them
    what i had to do ,they help out
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 11:08 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Probably not as much as i should. I am pregnant though, and with a lot going on.
    He is by no means Neglected!
    AeroJuicy91

Answer by AeroJuicy91 at 11:25 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• DH and I work full time and spend much of our weekend working on DH's farm 3 hours away. I do my best to give our toddler DD as much "down" time to play and relax as possible. I just LOVE sitting with her, reading to her, making funny faces, doing finger plays, and singing. Early mornings and evenings are cuddle time and I try to give her my full attention. It isn't ideal, but we're doing the best we can.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 11:33 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I can't give an exact minute or number of hours ,really. I'm with my two younger ones all day..I am a work at home/stay at home mom. My oldest is in school..today is his last day but he goes off with his father for the summer. :( I don't spend as much time with him as I would like to...the younger ones occupy most of my time. But I try to do one on one stuff with him like playing cards or watching a movie ,just talking, or tickling him (lol) I think the one I play with the very most is my 8 month old because he's usually hangin out with me while the other play( I babysit). I just lay on the floor with him and play. Yep...thats how most of my days are,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:17 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Right now I am a stay at home mom and a full time college student. I try to get all my homework done on Sunday and monday so that I can have more time with her on other days. I'm with her all day long and she helps do house chores and then we do girl time and then she'll play outside. I do make her go to her for 2 hours a day for quiet time (she doesnt take naps) because I am 34 weeks pregnant and I am trying to get her ready for when baby is here so that I can rest. But we eat dinner together and watch movies if she doesnt want to play, read books, arts and crafts. Some times she likes to play alone.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 12:53 PM on Jun. 9, 2011