ive been trying to potty train my girls but nothing works help me

i have a 3 1/2 year old and a 2 1/2 year old that im trying to potty train but i cant get them to tell me when they need to go or to go on their own can anyone help with this. ive tried pull ups and plastic pantys but nothing seems to work ive even tried giving them prizes and sticker charts. please someone help.

lthmom

Asked by lthmom at 10:37 PM on Jul. 11, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• well what worked with my daughter eventually was simply taking away the diapers, yes it will be a mess, but they wont want to be wet anymore, or you could get one of those dolls that pee and have your daughters teach them how to go potty, i heard that might work. GOOD LUCK!
    amber91580

Answer by amber91580 at 11:41 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• My daughter wasn't trained till 3 so don't feel bad. my parents made me feel bad cause I 'wasn't doing something right' but they couldn't even tell me what I was 'doing wrong'. I started out by sitting her on one of those portable potty seats while she watched a movie. then I started limiting her liquids to certain times of the day so that I knew when she would have to go. Then I bought her a 'princess outfit' and hung it up in her room where she would see it every day (shes big into the princesses). I told her that when she goes potty in the potty all the time she can wear the dress. It was tough. Touch and go and mostly but one day everything clicked and shes potty trained! Good luck!!!
    unicornnymph22

Answer by unicornnymph22 at 12:10 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• this is part of my jb as a two year old teacher in a preschool. you can start w pull ups and put her on the potty first thging when she wakes up then put her there evry hour. yes it is very time comsuming but it does work. when you notice the pull ups are staying dry move to big girl panties but keep up with the every hour thing. eventullay she will like not feeling wet and dirty and tell you when she has to go. i have done it this way for 9 years now nd did it with both of my kids. most recent was a boy and it took a week. but it has taken as long as a month.
    heavensent423

Answer by heavensent423 at 1:05 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• put them in the morning as soon as they wake up and rite after wakein from nap.and dont take off untill they pee. its a start
    michmm03

Answer by michmm03 at 2:24 PM on Jul. 12, 2008