32 Weeks & Breech

I was in the hospital Monday for dehydration.
They mentioned that my daughter is still breech. I will be 33 weeks on Saturday.
My doctor hasn't really talked about it.
Should I be worried?

AeroJuicy91

Asked by AeroJuicy91 at 11:13 AM on Jun. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• No there is plenty of time for the baby to turn.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:14 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Not at all!!! My 3rd was breech up until the day before he was born, he turned while I was in labor. @ 33 weeks, there is absolutely no reason to even entertain the thought.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:15 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Ok. Thank you both so much. My first son was always flipped so I didnt have to worry about it.
    But my daughter seems to be stubborn!
    AeroJuicy91

Comment by AeroJuicy91 (original poster) at 11:16 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Oh, I'll add that the entire pregnancy, he was transverse or breech, just didn't want to stick his head down there! lol My middle child was also a little acrobat, he flipped back and forth right up until it was his time as well. There are sooooo many ways to get a breech baby to flip, if you do get too close for comfort and need to turn him/her. Spinning babies is a good thing to check out :)
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:18 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• The baby is gonna change positions a lot between now and when your due. Most doctors dont worry if baby is breech until around 36 weeks pregnant. If baby is still breech they might try to move baby around from the outside so that baby is head down.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 12:34 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• If you would like to be proactive and do some things to coax her around you can.
    Or you can let her do as she likes.
    Let us know if you'd like help~

Best wishes!

doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:06 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• A friend of mine had a breech baby - they tried turning him at 38 weeks but he was stubborn. Scheduled her for a c-section at 39 weeks. The morning she went in, they did an ultrasound to see how he was laying - and he'd flipped in the days previous, on his own. So babies can flip up until the last minute. Babies can also be born breach.
    Anonymous

• Mine never liked being head down he was transverse or breech from 20 weeks till 37 and 4 days when I had him by c-section after several days of contractions so they could make sure to give him all chances to turn. It turns out I didn't have enough fluid for version if they would have tried or possibly for him to turn properly on his own.
    If she's still breech at 37 weeks they can try version if your a good candidate or depending on your doctor they will either schedule the c-section or wait until you go into labor and see if she's still butt first. I'm assuming you mean franks breech or complete breech which are both butt first and not footling breech meaning feet first which can cause a prolapse or the cord so they would definatly want to schedule a c-section for and not have you possibly go too far into labor to pose a risk.
    lizziebreath

Answer by lizziebreath at 3:07 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• My 2nd was breech...didnt turn and I even tried having him turned because i dind;t want a c-sec. but he didnt budge so I had a c-sec wasnt really all that bad
    happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 5:29 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• My little man turned head down at about 30 weeks... but my friends baby just turned head down at 36 weeks... you'll be fine :)
    jessiskinner200

Answer by jessiskinner200 at 7:00 PM on Jun. 9, 2011