• In the Spotlight:

Activities to stimulate a 4 month old?

She'll be 4 mo. tomorrow. (I can't believe it!) I feel she's getting bored of the same 'ol-same 'ol. What can I do for fun w/ her?

MamaLisa1976

Asked by MamaLisa1976 at 11:16 AM on Jun. 9, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• look at books, sing and dance with her, show her new things, give her different toys to hold and watch, take her on walks around the neighborhood, mall, zoo, aquarium, local garden...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:21 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I agree. I sing and dance with my 6 month old. She LOVES cartoons cuz of all the music and colors (we like Team Umi Zumi, Bubble Guppies, Yo Dabba Dabba and iCarly (not a cartoon) the best) and she loves her playmat with all the toys that make noise and have different textures.
    Kari727

Answer by Kari727 at 11:23 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Congradulations,
    I like the boppie pellow they can sit and you can read to them or watch tv with them.
    We have tummie time.
    I like the swing, or bouncie seat.
    I like to walk around the kitchen with mine or cook with them in there.
    newathis918

Answer by newathis918 at 11:55 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• buy her a jumperoo if she can hodl her head pretty well, my son loves it and he can stay there for a long time so I can go the bathroom or cook or do what I have to do.
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 12:10 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• The best things at that age are toys that also give them exercise. The Bumboo seat with a tray that you can put toys on is great head/neck exercise. those johnny jump ups that hook in a doorway and have a tray are also great for their legs and head/neck. Jumperoos are great fun too. Tummy time with lots of toye in front of them to look at and try to grab is great too. We had an exersaucer but I didnt like the angle it made my sons back arch, it looked uncomfortable and he always fell forward.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 4:29 PM on Jun. 9, 2011