Why does my baby scream and cry so much???

My baby is 5 months old and he always seems to be crying or screaming. He screams when I try to feed him, after he eats, during a feeding, at nap and bedtimes, when I leave the room..Im not sure if i should ask my pediatrition about this I just need some advice, I know he screamed like this when he was teething but I dont think it was this bad for his first 2 teeth..So maybe he could be teething again but anyone have any othr sugetstions..

aydensophia0408

Asked by aydensophia0408 at 9:38 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Hmm... I don't know. I would definitely talk to your doctor though because it sounds like something could be hurting your baby. Are you breast feeding? If not it could be the formula. Lots of babies have problems digesting it because it's made from cows milk and you may need a gentler alternative formula. If you think your little one is teething I'd suggest Highland's Teething Tablets. They are amazing and always calmed my little guy down. Talk with your doctor and hopefully the two of you can narrow down the possibilities and keep your kiddo happy. Good luck!

PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 9:46 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• He's five months old and already has two teeth? That's early. I mean you can try different formulas, if you're not breastfeeding. Or a pacifier. But if he's crying while feeding and after, maybe he has colic. Not fun. But why not ask your doctor?
    nyiaca

Answer by nyiaca at 10:14 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Sounds like colic. My son was colicky and from experience NOTHING will soothe them. They just cry and cry and cry. You may want to talk to your pedi about switching your little one to a formula that helps with colic, for us it was gentlease formula.

If it's not colic, he could be teething, but usually teething doesn't cause that much pain. Try oragel or teething tablets.
    lanesmommy08

Answer by lanesmommy08 at 11:47 PM on Dec. 10, 2008