Anyone know anything abov snakes? colors?

Im cleaning my yard, moving chopped wood to a different place and i seen this orangish color thing with red at the tip. Dont know if it was snake or worm. Does anyone know? I hate snakes. Im deathly afraid of them. If it was snake im not doing anymore til hubby comes home! lol!

country_mom_07

Asked by country_mom_07 at 11:28 AM on Jun. 9, 2011 in Home & Garden

• probably just a harmless corn snake, don't kill it they are very beneficial to your homeplace.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• depends on where you live..we have lizards here that are bright orange with a red head that looks just like a snake..i have mistaken them for a snake several times..they are fast like a snake too..
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 11:34 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Why are you deathly afraid of an animal that barely weighs a pound? They are good for keeping away vermin; mice, rats, insects. Very healthy for the environment. Only 4 kinds of snakes in the North America pose a threat to humans and none of them are orange. Please don't freak out and kil it, they are so misunderstood.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 11:37 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Where do you live? Could be a corn snake.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 11:30 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• http://critterguy.museum.msu.edu/fieldguide/snakes.html

try this

Answer by Bmat at 11:31 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I live in south texas. I did kill it. I talked 2 my mom and she looked on internet and said she couldnt find orange snake so hopefully it was worm. Either way its dead now! Lol! Done with moving wood around 2day, hubby can do it!
    country_mom_07

Comment by country_mom_07 (original poster) at 12:00 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• It sounds like a snake,, I hate them too, have hubbs finish,,, you can go online and look at snake pictures to see if you can identify the type, I am from Missouri so we have black snakes, copperheads, rattlesnakes, garter snakes, but none that are orange! I would google it to make sure it is a harmless variety!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:31 AM on Jun. 9, 2011