Ultra sound..Wtf?

so on the 5th(last friday) i went in for my US..the screen read i was due on april 24th and that im 20w4d...i get home and look at my pix and they say im 22w4d...so today i decided to sit down and try and figure everything out and according to the research as of today it said i was only either 22w5d or 20w5d...that doesnt make sence! i was only 20w4d on friday!! im actually either 21w or 23w..and have no clue when my due date is!! how does this ass backwards crap actually happen?? i saw on the screen 20w4d and due 4/24/09..WTF? isnt my due date calculated by all the measurements of the baby?? this crap didnt happen with my other 2 babies.

tnteaton

Asked by tnteaton at 9:40 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Pregnancy

• stop posting this question and just ask the doctor and the tech
    Anonymous

• DD is an estimation, there is no way of knowing exactly when you conceived unless they confirmed ovulation , conception and implantation date (and usually they don't unless you are an ivf case).
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 9:43 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• and if this is the biggest problem you have in your pregnancy, consider yourself LUCKY. Thank God your baby is healthy. He or she will come when they are ready :)
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 9:44 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• The measurements on the screen is what they're going by. The measurements of mine said my child would be born December 7th. He came along on January 21st. Big baby.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 9:45 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Mine was the same way. 0ne was based on my LMP... the other was based on the size of my son. He was born March 11... just 3 days before his due date according to his size....
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 10:00 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• You can have a different date for every single measurement they take in your ultrasound. The head circumference can give you one measurement, the waist another, the leg bone another...if they were going to change your due date, they would have told you. Don't stress about it...no matter what your actual due date is, that baby is going to come when its going to come...two weeks really isn't a big gap.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:17 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Sono Due dates can be wrong as well, if the baby is stretched out or not stretched in a certain position. Using your LMP is sometimes accurate as well. You can also go by your conception date if you know how to calculate that. Or you can do the 240 method. You can google it and research due dates.
    Alma_C

Answer by Alma_C at 10:22 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Actually the measurements taken during an US are not that accurate. With my twin boys, my regular doctor had me at one gestation then when I went to the Children's Hospital in Oklahoma City the doctor there had me two weeks earlier than my doctor. Example: my doctor had me at almost 32 weeks and the doctor in OKC had me at 29 weeks. When my boys were born at 33 weeks (the second doctors estimate), the doctors put their development and stuff at 35 to 36 weeks. So my doctor had me about right.
    palexander

Answer by palexander at 11:02 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• well..the reason im really wanting to know whats my actual date is becuase im really bad at keeping track of my period so i have no clue when i convieved. more curious than anything but would be a good thing to know. and i am very glad thats my only problem. and anon...it's the 2nd time i posted not the 100th so learn how to have balls and show who you are if you're gonna run your mouth and if you dont like seeing my post a 2nd time, then dont read it and quit bitching and go to the next question.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 1:35 AM on Dec. 11, 2008