Does anyone else's sister have the my son is better than you child syndrome?

Sometimes she drives me nuts with it. Her child is "perfect" syndrome. If I ever get like that ladies you don't have to be subtle about it just put a gun between my eyes and pull the trigger. I believe everyone's child has things they are better at and manners they have a stronger concept with, but not to snub your own family over it.

djavongirl

Asked by djavongirl at 11:33 AM on Jun. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• I call my niece and nephew Barbie & Ken bc they are supposed to be so perfect.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:59 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• No, I can't say that she does.
    other_mother

Answer by other_mother at 11:46 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• My brother and our daughters, but yeah.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• my sister does but not in so many words, but yup... it annoys me.. hes a yr and week older, but even tho hes "perfect" hes a little butt that needs to realize you cant talk to mommy like your an adult. you dont tell ppl what to do just cause your smart
    mommyoftristan

Answer by mommyoftristan at 11:36 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• well not really that but when my son was an infant my sister kept my son for a weekend and i found out she was going around telling people he was her son (using her sons name that had passed away 8 yrs before)
    myboysRmyhero

Answer by myboysRmyhero at 11:44 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• @Other you are lucky =)
    For others that experience this maybe we should start a venting support group LOLLOL
    djavongirl

Comment by djavongirl (original poster) at 11:50 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Oh Hell Yeah.
    I live with that every day.
    We just dont stop the battel of the sexes.
    newathis918

Answer by newathis918 at 11:59 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I must be the one you are talking about, lol :) My sister's son is an absolute horror. He spits on her and tells her she is a bitch. He is only 7, can you imagine what he will be like when he is 17? My son is only 1, and very quiet and gentle, like his Papa. I almost feel bad after posting about the cute things he does every day, then going to my sister's wall and finding out her son tore a sheet of wallpaper off our Mom's wall, then cut up his sister's new dress with the kitchen scissors. Last night he sprayed his 3 year old sister in the face with Lysol toilet cleaner. I saw that after I posted how my son was playing with a stuffed toy and dropped it. When I gave it back to him, he hugged it and patted its back while hugging, as if to say "It's okay, You're alright." Like we do with him when he falls down :) My sister is always saying "just wait until he does-----Then he won't be so cute :("
    alphamom26

Answer by alphamom26 at 12:09 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• If it is just with your kids maybe your lucky... my house, my car, my vaca... the list goes on.... yack makes me want to trow up especially since the owe me money they can't pay back... but look they have a new extra car and closing on house # 50
    Mommy_Aiken

Answer by Mommy_Aiken at 12:53 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• My brothers don't do this to me my older cousin does with her two daughters vs my son
    XandersMomma07

Answer by XandersMomma07 at 2:26 PM on Jun. 9, 2011